Stylesheet issue

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:42 pm
Report this post
Guys

I need to have the search bar stay center and the fb button to it's right. What should be simple is proving not to be. I have the search bar in the Highlights position and the fb button in the search module position. However it is not lining up as it should. In fact it's flipping positions.

Can you help please.

http://www.change-the-conversation.com/smrtshoppr/
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 am
Report this post
Please add this code to override.css file in root/templates/gk_template_name/css directory :
Code: Select all
#gkHighlights { width: 63.75%;
float: left;
margin-left: 170px
}
div#gkSearch { float: right }

and then just remember to enable "Use override CSS" option in template advanced settings tab.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Report this post
Thanks again bkrztuk. I really appreciate all the help over the time. I not just saying this but I do love these templates best money I've spent on web development.

One other question about this. Now that I have made that addition the search bar is not centered in the position. Can you help me with that?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:07 am
Report this post
To center search bar it is necessary to add margin for this area. My advise is to use some tool like firebug to detect where and what kind of styles you should add » How to change space, colors and font size ? - GavickPro Documentation
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm
Report this post
Thanks. I've been using firebug and firebug lite to make many adjustments before. but was not sure which stylesheet element was needed. Your input was much appreciated. It guided me in the right direction.

Thank you :ugeek:
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:14 pm
Report this post
All custom styles should be added to override.css file.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.