Template on existing site

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:18 pm
Report this post
Is there a way to import the template into an existing site, with out recreating module by module?
I know I can use the quickstart to create a new site, but I have years worth of data I do not want to lose.

Thanks,
jkvt
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 am
Report this post
If you are a mysql wizard you can copy modules configuration from installation to another one using phpMyAdmin but in other case all need to be reconfigure from Joomla back-end.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:42 pm
Report this post
Thanks.
So, to be clear. If I do a 'quickstart' install on another server I can copy the module mySQL config into my existing mySQL?
While I am good, I am thinking I might be just as quick using the documentation to recreate them. Also recreating them allows me to learn more which only helps down the road.

I appreciate your response, keep up the good work.

jkvt
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:16 am
Report this post
Sure, you can copy SQL database tables but you need to be sure that all 3rd part extensions are installed to not add entires for non existing modules/plugins/components.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.