Admin page is slow

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:46 am
Report this post
Hi,

I am having problem with admin page. It is very slow. Sometimes I have to wait some minutes for a response or wait forever without a response.

For example, when I click the articles page, and choose to view 200 items, it takes about 35 seconds to load. When I choose 500 items, it takes more than 100 seconds. And if I choose to view all articles, I will wait forever with no response.

admin.jpg

But when I backup and restore the site with other domain name in the same server, it works quickly. Do you know why it is? I just uninstalled some extensions that are not in use anymore. Is that the reason and do you know how to solve it?

Thank you,

Hai
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:14 am
Report this post
Hi

Changing the number of elements to show mostly stresses database, so I would start from checking database connection. If database is on the same server; If limits are set to accurate levels; If database is optimised properly; If isn't it sheared with other site.

Anyway this is more of a question to Your hosting provider.

GK User
Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:16 pm
Report this post
Hi Teitbite,

Can you log in to help me? I tried to repair and optimize database but it does not improve.

Do you solve it with VIP support?

Thank you,

Hai
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:32 pm
Report this post
Hi

I do not think it's anything I'll be able to help with. You should talk to Your hosting provider and see if this can be improved on their side.

Maybe using some database cache would help, unfortunately I never had to use one, so do not know what to advice.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.