Cache and News 2

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri May 26, 2017 10:46 am
Report this post
Hello What configuration do you recommend to optimize the speed of Gavick News 2:

- only template cache in the template config page,
- template cache in the template config page + Joomla cache plugin,
- template cache in the template config page + Jot cache plugin,
- no template cache in the template config page + /Joomla cache plugin or Jot cache plugin,
- jch +Joomla cache plugin or Jot cache plugin

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 30, 2017 11:36 am
Report this post
Hi

I would use jCache since it's turning website into pure HTML/JS, so it's the fastest option. For css/js compression You can use JCH or the one from template.

GK User
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:41 pm
Report this post
Hello Caching is a nightmare with cms because you ahev to deal with different versions for one page for mobile, tablet..
When you say Jcache you mean Joomla cache?

Or the Jcache project : if so how do you implement it with Joomla?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:41 am
Report this post
Hi

I meant jotCache. I think my computer auto-corrected it.

Our templates are responsive, which means it doesn't have a different mobile layout. It's all in CSS files, so all the screen widths are manageable in it.

GK User
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:34 am
Report this post
There is GK cache option in configuration. When I enable it it says that you have to order GK cache plugin but is no system or front end gk cache plugin? Any idea?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:26 pm
Report this post
TO RESUME:
- FOR COMPRESSION: JCH Works but big problems of bounce rate and page per session very low. WIth GK compression (compression of the template News 2), good page per sessions, good bounce rate but poor time on site. Any idea?

- FOR CACHE: the option gk CACHE seems not to work in admin. It says put GK cache plugin last in the plugins but impossible to find gk cache plugin in administration. Is there a gk cache plugin somewhere or not?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:17 am
Report this post
Hi

GK Cache should be seen on plugins list. If it's not there than an installation package can be found in rest_files package (downloadable in template's download area). But still You will not find a better cache than jotCache, so if GK Compression works I would recommend to use it with jotCache.

GK User
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:41 am
Report this post
Ok for JOT CACHE.

When i Enable comrpession of Js and css in the template with JOT C, the loading time is more than 1,5 s against 800 ms with jot cache only. It seems compression in the template slows down a lot the loading.

If I use JCH OPTIMIZE it is better but there are problems with analytics and bounce rate is up.
Any Idea?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:54 pm
Report this post
Hi

Whatever works best for You. There are other compression extensions You may want to try.

Try using JCH exclusion options to exclude the outside files as google analitics, so maybe JCH will start to work correctly.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.