mobile menu does not work in tags blog vieuw

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:06 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I am a fan of the news2 template, and like to work with it for a news site I manage for a customer.

The template has a mobile menu view that is somewhat long in the tooth: the styling is left to the browser, and it would be great when the layover style is present in the mobile view.
My problem however is that the mobile menu does not work when I get a tag blog-view page.
You can see that here:
https://www.kleintjemuurkrant.praktijkt ... idilemma-s

This page presents all articles with the same label.
At higher levels the mobile menu works okay, but at this level a new field is present below the doughnut image, and clicking the doughnut gets no response anymore. You can click inside the new field and this results in a change of url. I suspect this is the "real" dropdownmenu from "inside" the doughnut, but this is not workable on a small screen at all, and certainly not intended as such by the developers of this template.
I think something technically went wrong for this kind of urls.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:23 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings.

Code: Select all
@media only screen and (max-width:1100px) {
#gkMobileMenu select {
display: block !important;
}
}

GK User
Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:45 pm
Report this post
Thank you.
Partly solved my problem.
The hamburger icon clicking now opens the long list of menu items and clicking the items delivers the clicked url.
That is great.

The problem that stays:
There remains the image of a field that is I suspect part of the mobile menu, and that somehow resieds outside the mobile menu.
Using firebug I get this as the html for it:
"div id="mobileMenu_chzn" class="chzn-container chzn-container-single" style="width: 44px;" title="">
<a class="chzn-single" tabindex="-1">
<div class="chzn-drop">
</div>"

I include an image of it:this is how it is presented in the page.
It is an esthetic bug: it is nonfunctional and a bit ugly, and for visitors of the site a bit bewildering.
So if possible I would like to not show this.

However: great service and quick response: thank you for that.

Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:31 am
Report this post
Hi

Yes I saw that, but this is not our code. I thought You've added some 3rd party mobile menu plugin. Just disable this extension or hide it with css:

Code: Select all
#mobileMenu_chzn {
display: none;
}

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.