theme customization documentation

March 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:15 pm
Hi,
Since i have not being able to install the quickstart file, i decided configure manually with the help of the documentation link (https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... /wp-news-2) also using the configuration screenshot but the screenshot is very shrink finding it difficult to see.

Can you kindly send me a full documentation including large screenshot so i can be able to see clearly and follow through. my email is [email protected]

Thank you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:06 pm
Hi,
Since i have not being able to install the quickstart file, i decided configure manually with the help of the documentation link (https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... /wp-news-2) also using the configuration screenshot but the screenshot is very shrink finding it difficult to see.

Can you kindly send me a full documentation including large screenshot so i can be able to see clearly and follow through. my email is [email protected]

Thank you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:07 pm
Hi,
We don't have other screens, instead of clicking the screenshot and open the popup, try to open the link in new tab/window (right button of your mouse), then you'll be able to view full width screenshot.

It's also good idea to install the local copy of the quickstart (you can use MAMP or WAMP server) and compare/copy the widgets content,settings.

GK User
Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:59 am
thank you for the assistance so far.

Kindly assist in the below inquiries:
1. How to i place video in the right sidebar widget
2. How do i integrate external API (price feed) in the right sidebar
3. How do i use the GK Nsp widget to display posts in columns only without having a Row (in the demo example it has 1 page 3 rows format).

Thank you in anticipation of your reply
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:00 pm
thank you for the assistance so far.

Kindly assist in the below inquiries for customizing News2 Wordpress theme
1. How to i place video in the right sidebar widget
2. How do i integrate external API (price feed) in the right sidebar
3. How do i use the GK Nsp widget to display posts in columns only without having a Row (in the demo example it has 1 page 3 rows format).

Thank you in anticipation of your reply
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:14 pm
Hi,

Regarding your issues:

1. Please try to use an iframe with Text widget:
http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-gui ... wordpress/

2. I have no idea what kind of API do you want to add, please ask the API owner how to add it into WordPress website.

3. I'm not sure which widget exactly do you mean? Could you create a screenshot or provide more details?

GK User
Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:58 am
Thank you for your assistance so far.

For item no. 3: i have attached a screenshoot below of what i intended to create. which widget do i use and how do i use it ti achieve the below result.
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:57 am
Hi,

You can use News Show Pro with one column and 3 rows.
Don't forget to change (in Article layout tab) Image position to "left" and image section should be on the first place (you can drag&drop title, text, image, info from article layout tab)

GK User
Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:03 am
I added video following the demo content configuration but the outcome i got was somewhat different from the demo.
kindly find below the screenshot of the outcome (you can check the site http://www.trade2point.com). What i want to achieve is the screenshoot 2 (Video at News2 wordpress theme).

Kindly assist on this.
Regards
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:34 pm
Hi,

Please edit your video post i.e. "Gold Video Analysis" and on the right column, you should find Featured video metabox, please add your video here as an iframe like here:
Code: Select all
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QfULhga2Xaw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" width="640" height="360" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

GK User
Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:54 pm
Joshua M wrote:Hi,

Please edit your video post i.e. "Gold Video Analysis" and on the right column, you should find Featured video metabox, please add your video here as an iframe like here:
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QfULhga2Xaw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" width="640" height="360" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I didnt get you on this, i used New Show Pro Widget as used in the demo configuration. I did not see iframe.
Do i install iframe wedget and then use it to post the videos as shown in the demo.
Thanks
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:13 pm
I understand that you are using News Show Pro - but this plugin takes a video from "Featured video" metabox, there's no need to install any iframe widget, please use the following syntax and change only the video code

Please change only:
www.youtube.com/embed/QfULhga2Xaw

The News Show pro (video) widget on the demo works this way.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.