js conflict

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:11 pm
Report this post
Hi,
Something strange happens on my site, that I could not understand. It seems that there is js conflict between News Show Pro GK5 module and NEWS2 template. The result is no popup window, no smoothscroling, no animation, broken links. I saw that News Show Pro GK5 module in the banner left and banner right positions has changed font size.
I've tried for popup modal function, widgetkit lightbox, yendif video share own popup, jce mediabox. The best result wes popup window whidout content. Any ideas what I can do?
The site is https://czpz.org
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 pm
Report this post
Hi

Probably just a misconfiguration in javascript selection. Please tell me the new url to the site. When I follow given one I'm being redirected to Your hosting message page.

GK User
Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:28 am
Report this post
the url is the same
http://czpz.org
I've just stoped ssl. Now it is working.
Meanwhile I install K2 and manage to configure video for my site, as you suggested.
Please pay attention to two problems
1. Smoothscroling of the menu doesn't work
2. logout not working. Nothing happens when click logout
Thanks in advance
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:51 pm
Report this post
Hi

Need Your help. I see no link in Your menu to an anchor, so cannot check the smooth scrolling issue. Additionally I cannot reach Logout button without an access to Your site.

Please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp and as mentioned above point me to the link which triggers smooth scrolling.

GK User
Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:13 am
Report this post
Sorry, I couldn't understand if you want access to joomla administration or to Cpanel. I'll send both immidiatelly by email. Thanks in advance
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:41 am
Report this post
Did you manage to see the site?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:53 pm
Report this post
hallo any help?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:28 am
Report this post
Hi

I'm afraid I have never received a mail from You. Just finished with the last access I got to my personal e-mail and none of them was affiliated with this or Your other thread. Please try to send it one more time and let me know what email I should be expecting.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Or use our ticket system with a sentence to pass it to "teitbite": https://www.gavick.com/supportdesk/inde ... ets/Submit

GK User
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 pm
Report this post
Hallo
I've just send you details by email
from [email protected]
to [email protected]
BR
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:20 pm
Report this post
Hi

Yes, got it. Thank You.

I have not found even one anchor link in Your site, so I'm guessing Smooth Scrolling script can be disabled, since You are not using it.

For logout I honestly do not know if I'm looking at a right place. Please check my screen. Is this the Logout You were talking about ? It has no Javascript functionality attached, all it does is to link to a Joomla's User Login/Logout page.

I can see You had template's /js folder renamed, so none of the template's javascripts were loading, althought template was still calling them and that was most likely causing some problems.

There is one conflict from template I can see. It's with fitVids script which is not needed since You have jwPlayer doing same job. Edit file /layout/default.php and remove at the bottom:

Code: Select all
   <script>
   jQuery(document).ready(function(){
         // Target your .container, .wrapper, .post, etc.
         jQuery("body").fitVids();
   });
   </script>

and from /layout/blocks/head.php

Code: Select all
$this->API->addJS($this->API->URLtemplate() . '/js/fitvids.jquery.js');

Would have done that by myself, but unfortunately cannot operate in Your cPanel without knowledge of Your language :(

Please tell me if I have misunderstood something.

GK User
Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:53 pm
Report this post
Yes it is.
In Bulgarian language
ВХОД=LOGIN
ИЗХОД=LOGOUT
I removed the codes you recomended above. Now menu smoothscroling works. If LOGIN is only a link then Login/logout problem I have maybe a joomla problem. I'm going to check.
Thanks a lot.
BR
Stoicho
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:19 am
Report this post
Now everything works fine. Thanks a lot. Login problem comes from joomla - resolved by disabling system page cache plugin.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:02 am
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Great to hear everything is working. Closing this thread .

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.