Login Module

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:48 pm
Report this post
Hi,
I have installed the News2 template, and am playing around with social media logins. I have tried 3 now, and can't get any of them to work, none seem to override the standard login.
How can I alter this to accept the social media logins?
Thanks,
Paul
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:07 am
Report this post
Hi

Template has a build in Login with Facebook functionality. All the settings needed are in template settings for Social and in Facebook Authentication plugin in plugins section.

GK User
Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:26 pm
Report this post
Hi, i've tried that too, and can't get it to work. It opens the popup login screen, I fill out my facebook username and password, then it just goes back to the login screen and fills out 'facebook' for both the username and password?!?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:06 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please tell me the url to Your site. Sounds like Facebook App is not configured properly.

GK User
Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:07 pm
Report this post
I agree, I think it is too, but it's baffling me. Have sent you a PM with my URL.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:44 am
Report this post
Hi

I see no problem on Your site. I was able to log in with facebook. Maybe the account You are trying to log with is already registered and app is not reacting.

GK User
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:16 pm
Report this post
I can get that screen, but when I fill in my facebook login and password, click on OK, it then goes to the blank login screen, doesn't actually create an account or login?!?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:15 am
Report this post
I've been playing around with the Facebook App API settings tonight (after finding a step by step guide on another site) and finally got it to work, but this has thrown a couple of small issues.

The redirect doesn't seem to work and takes users to www.mysite.com/component/users/?view=login which is just a plain white page with a logout button on it. Is there a work around to get the redirect working?

Also, when signing in with facebook for the first time, it uses the person's email address as their username. Is there a way for it to either generate a username based on their name? or pull in their facebook username instead (ie. www.facebook.com/michael.smith639 so use michael.smith369)?

Many thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:49 pm
Report this post
Hi

Email as username is a must since it's done to speed the regitration up. If You are login to facebook already it's just 2 button clicks.

For redirection try create Login type menu item, can be in a menu You are not gonna use on site. When You will have such page ready You will find an option to select redirection page after login.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.