No paragraphs in intro text, only line breaks

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:08 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I just installed the News 2 template and so far I could fix smaller issues with the help of the forum.

I just noticed that there are no line breaks in the article intro texts; in the full article there are no such problems.
I noticed that my editor creates a paragraph <p> when i hit enter. If I use line breaks <br> instead, the intro text looks like it should be.
So for some reason the paragraphs are not shown in the intro text, only line breaks.

For future articles I can easily use line breaks instead of paragraphs, but I am hopping to fix all the old articles (intro texts) as well.

Best regards
Thomas
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:21 am
Report this post
Hi

I think intro text are prepared for small presentation of article, so it should not consider HTML tags at all. It's because this introtext is often cut to the amount of words/letters needed for a small article presentation. This means some of the <p> paragraphs may loose it's ending tag and break website in return. I can remove the HTML stripping when You show me what place You have in mind exactly, but You should remember no to use introtext cutting options than.

GK User
Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:19 pm
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

I think intro text are prepared for small presentation of article, so it should not consider HTML tags at all. It's because this introtext is often cut to the amount of words/letters needed for a small article presentation. This means some of the <p> paragraphs may loose it's ending tag and break website in return. I can remove the HTML stripping when You show me what place You have in mind exactly, but You should remember no to use introtext cutting options than.

Hi There,
I have the same problem, although in my case is use categorieblog pages with full articles. Now i would like to remove the html stripping from categoryblog view.

Where can i adjust in .css?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:42 am
Report this post
Hi

I'm afraid it may not be possible without hacking core joomla files and that I would not recommend.

I've checked the code of /html/com_content/category/blog_item.php and introtext is displayed with:

Code: Select all
         <?php echo $this->item->introtext; ?>

this means that processing was done already in joomla component classes. You may talk to joomla developers about how to workaround this.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.