How to add "Website: " label on Contact page?

GK User
Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:41 pm
There's no "Website: " label in the website filed, as it is in the address, email, phone fields. I actually want to add "Facebook: " instead of "Website: " and mainly for aesthetic reasons.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:33 pm
So I solved it some other way. I renamed Fax to Facebook in contact.ini, because I don't use Fax. Then I made some changes in html/com_contact/contact/default_addresses.php in the fax and website lines (I made some guesses, not sure how it works). It's kind of messy, but the Contact page looks the way I intended.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:13 am
Hi

That's acctualy how this supposed to be done. Editing file /html/com_contact/contact/default_addresses.php and changing this part will lead You to url information line.

Code: Select all
          <?php if ($this->contact->webpage && $this->params->get('show_webpage')) : ?>
          <div> <span class="<?php echo $this->params->get('marker_class'); ?>" > </span> <span class="contact-webpage"> <a href="<?php echo $this->contact->webpage; ?>" target="_blank" itemprop="url"> <?php echo $this->contact->webpage; ?></a> </span></div>
          <?php endif; ?>

GK User
Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 pm
Thank you very much!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:16 pm
Hi

No problem, glad I could help. Closing this thread now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.