normal looking blog with text instead of images possible?

GK User
Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:41 am
Hi,
I'm setting up a new website for a friend and she'd like to have a blog section. Only a few of these blog articles would end up having images, so the portfolio look would be useless for this specific use. We tried adding dummy articles filled with Lorem Ipsums just to test it out, we enabled the categories to show the intro text and all that, and yet it still wants to show an image and not the text. Any leads into having a normal looking blog?

Here's the link to the page in question. http://giorgionline.com/naphtalisebasti ... x.php/blog

Thank you! :)
G
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:45 am
Hi

Link is leading to 404 error. Please tell me the url to a different example. Portfolio was prepared to show images, so it was probably not designed for that situation, but I think we can think of something.

GK User
Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:16 am
Sorry for the late reply, it's been a very overwhelming week.. :(
Anywhoos, we ended up turning the blog off as she said she's not gonna use it soon. But basically, if I forced it to show the introtext and hid all images, it would still show up on the blogroll with a big white clickable space, which I imagine is due to the template being very image based. If it's possible to make the text show, it'd be great! But if that's not possible, I'm sure I can find other workarounds :)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:14 am
Hi

I'm sure it can be done with not much work. Article files is in /html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php, so it can be easily adjusted there. When You will decide to use it again just send me a link to example and ftp and I'll figure something out.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.