Problem footer

GK User
Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:08 pm
Hello Gavick,

I have a stupid problem:
I've made an own position for the footer, because I dont want to have it inside the menu. I have a problem with the CSS.
If I make the footer with position: relative, it will be at the top on the homepage, but at the bottom on pages with content.
But if I make position: absolute at the homepage it looks almost correct but still some responsive problems.
Maybe I did something wrong at the code... :cry:

http://web499.server.inventmedia.de/

Can you help me, please?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:47 am
Hi

Have You been able to resolve Your problem ? I see nothing wrong looking at Your site right now. If not pleaser try to explain a little better what do You need me to do.

GK User
Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:47 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Have You been able to resolve Your problem ? I see nothing wrong looking at Your site right now. If not pleaser try to explain a little better what do You need me to do.

Hello teitbite,
I've tried to resolve the problem but I'm not sure if my solution was the right one. First I made the footer with position fixed, but I've read at your documentation that it's not useful for mobile phones. I changed some css for the footer text first and then I used position absolute on the home page. If I would use position relative it will hide behind the top navigation. :/ On the sub pages there works position relative, maybe because of the content there.

Now I can see the footer is hiding the button of the slider if I use my mobile phone, so I need to find out how to improve that.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:20 pm
Hi

In this case I would just suggest to move the button up. You can use a code dependable from the device width, like for example:

Code: Select all
@media only screen and (max-width:767px) { /* 767px is a width of iPhone in landscape position */
.gkIsWrapper-gk_photo figcaption {
    bottom: auto;
    top: 30% !important;
}
}

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.