Some "Font Awesome 4.7" fonts not working

GK User
Thu May 11, 2017 1:41 pm
Hi,
some icon fonts from font awesome are not working in the photo template.
In my case I need the "imdb - Internet movie Database" icon:
http://fontawesome.io/icon/imdb/

Alle others I have tried are working (the usual suspects like pinterest, facebook, xing, linked in etc.)

Thats why I have to work with images in the social footer...which kinda sucks, just because of this one font icon :-(
Any Ideas?
Thanx, Martin
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 17, 2017 9:09 am
Hi

Try update fontawesome in template simply by replacing the files in /fonts/font-awesome/ folder or put the line of code for adding, which can be generated here: http://fontawesome.io/get-started/ into /layout/blocks/head.php

GK User
Sun May 21, 2017 9:34 pm
Thanx,
I generated my code, and tried to put it into /layout/blocks/head.php.
But I always get this error:
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /usr/www/users/martino/martinbargiel/templates/gk_photo/layouts/blocks/head.php on line 19"

Where exactly do I put the code? Which line?

Or, where do i get the updated files to replace the ones you mentioned? I can't seem to find those files for download.

Thanx.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 26, 2017 7:43 pm
Hi

Place the code at the very end of this file and make sure php tags are closed, this means that You may need to add "?>" before this line.

GK User
Fri May 26, 2017 7:56 pm
Thanx, I will remeber this for the future.
But I actually found the download file on their website and overwrote the fonts AND the CSS files. Just overwriting the fonts didn't work. Including the CCS overrite did the trick ;-)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 am
Hi

Great to hear it and thank You for shearing. Closing this thread than.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.