Image Show Image Height Different Than Quickstart

A professionally designed template for photographers and architects
GK User
Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:21 pm
I installed the QuickStart (as I generally do so I can compare my "live" settings with the QuickStart) and once I tested it out I installed the Photo template on my live site.

My issue is with the Image Show. First let me preface by saying that I copied the settings identically (and have verified this a dozen times) between my live site Photo template and the Photo quickstart Image Show.

The problem is that on my live site the same images I used in QuickStart are only 1/2 height, the remainder to the footer is white space. Again, I used the exact same image. The only way I have been able to correct this is if I change the Image Show interface desktop module height to over 1,000 - in which case everything looks fine until you resize the browser, then the image no longer scales to fit the window but instead crops until the size matches one of the pre-sets for different sized browsers.

I have attached two images, one of the working QuickStart and one of the live site. What can I do to fix this problem?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:32 pm
Is anyone home? LOL
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:50 pm
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:54 pm
PM sent, thank you for looking into this.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:08 am
Hi

You are missing some page class suffix "frontpage no-mainbody" for Your frontpage.

Please check this article to learn how to add that in our templates: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... omla-pages

GK User
Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:28 pm
Thank you Teitbite, that was what I needed to do. I had copied those suffixes from the demo but it didn't register to me to change the item ID's, I left them the same as the demo.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:52 am
Hi

Make sure there is only one suffix added per ID. If You have more than one, as for example:

Code: Select all
1024 - no-mainbody
1024 - no-backgorund

than it has to be grouped as one:

Code: Select all
1024 - no-mainbody no-backgorund

or site will use only the last one.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.