K2 Image problem...

Amazing blog Joomla template for personal website with extensive features, additional typography and nice showcase of featured posts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 am
Report this post
Hello everybody,

I have a strange problem as K2 doesn't save the image when I create or change an article.
It keeps the author and legend but not thumbnail or image in the article.

The media/k2/items/cache is writable and I did check the information panel of K2 to see if a folder was not writable.

The strangest thing is that K2 does create the different sizes of the images (I can see it in the folder cache) but doesn't seem to link them with the article.

Does anybody could help me ? It is a site that should be online very soon.

Thanks and best regards
Frank
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:57 am
Report this post
Have you tried re-installing K2.

Also when you say it doesn't seem to link to K2 article, do you mean while in article view and clicking on image does not show or the image is not there at all.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:04 am
Report this post
Hi Norman,

No I didn't try to reinstall K2. Will I lose my articles if I do ?

For your second remark, there is no image at all with the article. But the images exists as they are created and in the cache folder (I can see it with FTP)

Thank you very much and best regards

Frank
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:16 am
Report this post
Hi Frank,

Reinstalling K2 will not effect your items as you are simply reinstalling the component and not data.
You will loose your items if you uninstall and them install K2.

For now please send me a link to your k2 item page so I can check few basic stuff.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:30 am
Report this post
I am sending you an admin access by private message.

Thanks !

Frank
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:55 am
Report this post
Issue is fixed, for reference server was not sending correct mime types for K2 to handle, so we had to disable K2 mime type checks for uploads.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:53 pm
Report this post
how and where did you disable it, so i can do the same?
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.