layout issue

Amazing blog Joomla template for personal website with extensive features, additional typography and nice showcase of featured posts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:50 pm
Report this post
Hi there,

I have a layout issue which I have identified using Firebug. I need to delete </section> just above the Mainbody. If I'm correct I need to edit the default.php under "layouts" --> "blocks". But I'm not 100% sure. I have to admit I'm not a html expert but perhaps someone is willing to help me out what I need to edit. As there are a number of </sections> in default.php.

for reference: website is kboom.nl. It concerns the two grey curvy lines just above the "EYE" image. Also see Firebug copy below. I'm referring to the underlined and bold </section>

<p><span style="color: #ff6600; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 18pt;">Welkom bij Kboom! Onafhankelijke kijk op kansspelen</span></p>
</div>
</div></div></div>
</section>

<section style="font-size: 100%;" id="gkMainbody">
<section class="blog-featured" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Blog">

Appreciate any help.

Regards,

Vincent
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:59 am
Report this post
Why you need to remove this area? I've validate your website and there are no errors related with this part - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=kboom.nl&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

If you want to modify this view you will find it in layouts/default.php.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:41 am
Report this post
Thanks for your help and reply. I appreciate the validation! Very helpful.

Reason is I want to get rid of those two lines that add nothing. But it might have to do with the Mainbody component and deleting that will not be a good idea.

Cheers! Vince
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:03 pm
Report this post
Please try to read about proper HTML5 document structure, then you will notice that section is really important and we don't add the HTML containers to just create spaghetti code. If some part of code exist in template it means that it is necessary.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.