Main Menu question

Amazing blog Joomla template for personal website with extensive features, additional typography and nice showcase of featured posts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:55 pm
Report this post
Hello,

This is a fairly basic question but for some reason I'm just not understanding what to do.

I installed the quickstart package just to see how everything works inside the template and figure out the best way to move my site to it.

I see that the article on the front page is controlled by the Main Menu. By default it's set up to show the Features Articles.

The Latest News part is puling from k2 items, I'm guessing sorted by date.

I'd like to have a blog using this template and it seems to make the most sense to have the posts as a k2 item (if that's not the case let me know).

I simply want to have the latest blog post (a k2 item) to be on the front page ie the Main Menu. If I select the k2 item I want to be the Main Menu I can't seem to get it to have the nice Read More button and it just doesn't look good like it did before the change.

Honestly, I'm not sure I understand why you'd want a blog template to have the Main Item pulling from Joomla articles when the rest of your blog is using k2 items.

If I'm not being clear on my issue, just let me know.

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:04 pm
Report this post
Ahhh.. I feel like such a noob...

Why is the forum showing my email address? How do I change it.. You'd think it's under Profile but I don't see it.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:48 pm
Report this post
Hi

You have used Your email address as username. Please write a ticket to sales division to change it. There is no option to do that in profile.

You can select a source and layout in menu item manager. Here is an example of K2 blog from the demo, so You can check what settings to use: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/publish ... Itemid=425

GK User
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:26 pm
Report this post
Thanks. Sorry for such a basic quesiton. I think I've more or less figured out how the template works now. I had seen that but I had made some other changes that was making it look bad.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.