How to change contact page

Multipurpose WordPress Theme Forum Support
GK User
Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:44 pm
Hi,

how I can change e-mail address and social icon links in contact page of Quark template? I used it here http://www.directive.cz/kontakt/.

Thank you.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:49 am
Hi,

Please go to Appearance -> Cutomize section, then navigate to your contact page and at the bottom of Theme Customizer settings, you should see Contact Page section with options to change social links, email address etc.

GK User
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 am
Thanks, but there is no Contact page in the bottom. Or am I wrong? I am sending screenshot.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:04 pm
This contact page is set as your frontpage? So probably it's conflict with conditions, could you set another page as your frontpage for a moment and then check again?

or could you send me a PM with backend access to your website? Then I'll be able to check the issue.

GK User
Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:07 pm
No, I just clicked on Contact page from menu. I am sending screen shot of Front page.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:19 pm
Did you change any theme files? because by default the section frontpage (last from your screenshot) should be visible only on the frontpage, similar with the "contact page section" - it's visible only on page(s) where template contact is used.

Could you send me backend and FTP access to your website? Then I'll be able to help.

GK User
Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:21 pm
I did not change anything. I just created child theme and instal some plugins. I am going send you FTP in private message.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 am
Tomas & Piotr
Could you please post your solution so I can fix that same issue?
Currently I'm building my site on localhost.
Thanks
Steve
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:03 pm
Hi,

@Sthakur, which browser are you using? Because I've checked the website from Tomas and don't see any problem with editing the contact page.

GK User
Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:04 pm
Hi,

I am using Safari. Could you put screen shot or write me, where I can find it?

Thank you.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:26 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi,

@Sthakur, which browser are you using? Because I've checked the website from Tomas and don't see any problem with editing the contact page.

Hi Piotr, I'm using both Firefox & Chrome. Both screenshots have been included for you. As you can see, there is no option for Contacts under Frontpage. Thanks for your help.

Capture-Chrome.PNG

Capture-Firefox.PNG
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:32 am
Did you read my first answer in this thread? You have to navigate to your Contact page to display Contact Page section instead of Frontpage. Please check the attached screenshot.

GK User
Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:36 am
Hi,

I understand now....I can see Contact page option only if is Contact page set up like home page. It is working.

Thank you.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:42 am
Not exactly (you don't have to set your contact page as a frontpage), this features were added to avoid too much options visible at the same time. So, if you are on the frontapge, frontpage sections and options are visible, when you navigate to your contact page, instead of frontpage, you can see contact page section with option to configure contact page which is currently browsing.

GK User
Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:46 am
Ok, thank you very much.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:08 am
Ok got it. Thank you and that's very clever way of changing page content.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:14 pm
Is there a way to have the links open in a new window? For social media and maps? Thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:49 am
Yes, but you have to edit theme files; Quark/template.contact.php i.e. for the fb link change fragment (around line 178)
Code: Select all
 <?php if(get_theme_mod('quark_contact_fb','#') != '') : ?><a href="<?php echo get_theme_mod('quark_contact_fb','#');?>"><i class="gkicon-fb"></i></a><?php endif ;?>

into:
Code: Select all
 <?php if(get_theme_mod('quark_contact_fb','#') != '') : ?><a href="<?php echo get_theme_mod('quark_contact_fb','#');?>" target="_blank"><i class="gkicon-fb"></i></a><?php endif ;?>

and similar for other links (add target="_blank" attribute).

GK User
Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:20 pm
Hola,
This is totaly not user friendly, i was reading+trying for 1/2 hour to find out what you meand!

So what i did:
1) went to customizer (no contact page link)
2) Went to 'select static page' option in the customizer
3) Selected my contact page (with the 'contact template') and go back (via arrow) to the customizer
4) The link 'Contact page' now suddenly appeared under the link frontpage in the customizer
5) select link 'contact page' and there you see the options

Sorry, but this is totally not friendly! So please can you change this in the next version!
so we can see al the options immidiately!!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:29 pm
Hi,

Sorry, but it is user friendly.
There's no need to select your contact page as a static frontpage. You can go to Customizer, navigate to your contact page (make the contact form visible in Customizer) and that's all - Contact Page panel should be visible on the left column.

There's no need to see Contact Page options if you are not currently on the Contact page, the same situation is with the frontapge options - are visible only when you are browsing frontpage in the Customizer.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.