Calendar custom field problems in contact forms

Support desk for Multipurpose Quark Theme
GK User
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:29 am
Hi.
Congratulations on this beautiful design. I have a problem with the new Joomla, calendar custom field. I created and use these as a simple contact form (to take date reservations) but the button to choose date is blank and the formatting is strange and not responsive. Especially in smaller screens the month format is completely broken. I attach screenshots to explain the issue.

Is there something I can do?
Regards
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:43 pm
Any updates on this problem?!?!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:16 am
Hi

Please tell me the url to the exact page with an example of this issue.

GK User
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 am
it is in a temporary development subdomain with an "offline message" currently... Should I use "private message" to sent you credentials to see it?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:22 pm
I just sent you a private message with info!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:17 am
As I told you on my previous email (yesterday), I sent a private message with URL and credentials...

Any updates on the issue?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:09 am
Hi again,
Sorry for being impatient. I don't really pretend to expect a right away. But at least can you tell me, if there is someone, looking at the problem?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 am
Goodmorning,

Have you seen my latest posts to this thread? any news?

teitbite wrote:Hi

Please tell me the url to the exact page with an example of this issue.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 am
Hi

Please do not bump Your own thread. It only changes the time of last activity and pushes Your question to the end of the line after each bump resulting in longer wait. So I've been able to get to Your thread just now.

I've checked described problem, but looks like You've alrady been able to fix calendar itself. Or do I only see it correctly because problem is connected with a certain browser. If it's because of a browser than please describe all the necessary environment to see the issue.

Right now I can suggest a small fix to the calendar trigger button. Please add this code to override.css:

Code: Select all
#jform_com_fields_date_start_reservation {
    float: left;
    margin-top: 1px;
    width: 200px;
}

GK User
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:15 pm
Hi, thanks for the reply. I really appreciated...

I managed only recently (last two days) to fix somehow the problem with the code you saw. But the calendar still seams broken sometimes in smaller devices like iPhone 5. I will add the code you propose.

Do you think I can do something to make the code that shows the calendar more robust in smaller devices? (if you try with smaller screen dimensions in chrome web tools you will see what I mean!)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:01 pm
Hi

Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings.

Code: Select all
@media only screen and (max-width:640px) {
#gkMainbody .calendar-container table tbody td.day {
    width: 12.5%;
}

#gkMainbody .calendar-container table tbody, #gkMainbody. calendar-container table thead, #gkMainbody .calendar-container table tfoot {
    display: table;
    width: 100%;
}
}

GK User
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:57 pm
Many thanks... I've made the changes and it seams fine!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:19 am
Hi

Ok. Glad to hear it. Closing this thread than.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.