Cart not working - just loading

Support desk for Multipurpose Quark Theme
GK User
Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:43 pm
Hi, for some reason the drop down cart is not working and just loading when you click on it https://goo.gl/tWs5sd

Please advise
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:45 am
Hi

Looks like something is blocking AJAX connections. Please try disable Admin Tools in joomla panel, if You are using it, to check. If not than it may be a server configuration not allowing such type connection.

GK User
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:05 am
I don't have Joomla admin tools.

I've tried it with another installation on the same server so it can't be that either.

Please advise
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:56 pm
Hi

What do You mean by "another installation" ?

I cannot check it further since the link is not working anymore. Please revert it to previous state and send me an access to joomla panel to my private email [email protected]

teitbite
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:57 am
Hi

Please send me an access to ftp. I do not remember how it was like before, but looks like cart is ok now, just an override is not updated, so adding to cart is not working at all.

GK User
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:15 am
Cool emailed
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 am
Hi

I've reported this to programmers. Waiting for an answer. Will let You know as soon as I'll know something.

GK User
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:10 am
Cool any update? Really need to launch the website?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:19 am
Hi

Programmers cannot solve this problem either. Looks like Your server does not allow AJAX connections, so the cart cannot be copied.

In that case I've removed our mini cart option and replaced it with a simple module position in a popup to display a cart moduel from VM directly. Files modified:

/layouts/blocks/cart.php
/js/gk.ecommerce.js

Hope You will like this solution.

GK User
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:34 pm
Thanks. But now the home page is not working????
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:56 pm
Hi

It has nothing to do with my changes. It's a bug from VM where cart cannot work on a pages not connected with VM component, simply becuase it's missing files component is loading (my guess at least).

There is an easy test to try, move cart module to a one of module positions available on Protostar, default joomla template, for example "debug" and than switch to a Protostar template. You will see even without using our templates problem still exists. I'm guessing connecting via AJAX as done previously was keeping cart away from this problem.

As a solution I would propose to connect homepage with VM, but I think it would be best if You would ask VM support about a fix to this.

GK User
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:14 am
I dont understand how everything works on your template demo but now it doesnt work.

Also now the registration page is not working???

https://goo.gl/8kb7px
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:48 am
Its not virtuemart or the cart, its the shipping plugin.

Thank you for your help
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:24 am
Hi

Just checked registration and everything works fine.

Everything works on our server because we do not have AJAX blocked as it is on Your server. Informations from mini cart are not really in minicart, but on a separate page and our template is using AJAX to copy this informations only. Since this function is blocked on Your serve, which is due to security measures and it’s completly fine, I’ve made a change in Your copy of template to show the cart informations in minicart directly. But as we know shipping plugin didn’t like that (which is most probably why our developers used AJAX in this place).

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.