Default Quark template not displaying front end edit button

Support desk for Multipurpose Quark Theme
GK User
Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:30 pm
The edit button doesn't appear on some pages of a site I'm developing using the default Quark template. It does appear on a single article page, but not on a category blog or on a featured article on the home page. I've checked editing permissions and the CSS so it's not a permissions issue and its not being obscured by something else on the page.
I've seen a lot of posts on the same issue, but with other templates and none of the solutions offered looks like an obvious fix. Can you please let me know if there's a way I can work around this and, if it's a template bug, when you plan to fix it.
Thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:39 pm
Hi

Yes, we have removed this option in some views. Try rename /html/ folder in template to /_html/ so our overrides will not be used and default component files with this function will be included instead.

GK User
Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Thanks Teitbite,
That works, but of course totally messes up the layout. I can probably get away with back end editing for this site, but it does that mean front-end editing in Quark is broken, which means I'll have to give it a wide berth for sites where clients expect it.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:49 am
Hi

Please send me an access to ftp and joomla panel. I'll add it for You.

GK User
Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:03 am
I can do that, but I'll likely need it on other Quark sites in future. Better for me (and others) if you can tell me what needs doing?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:50 pm
Hi

Of course. I'll explain when I'll finish it, but first I need an access to have an environment to do this.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.