Facebook Login not working?

Support desk for Multipurpose Quark Theme
GK User
Mon May 29, 2017 6:51 pm
Hi
I have added a FB app with API and Secret but can't get the Login With Facebook to work :-/
http://vertigogear.co.za/index.php/login
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 30, 2017 4:14 pm
*nudge*
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 31, 2017 10:54 am
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel to my email [email protected] I'll see what can be wrong.

teitbite
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:51 am
Hi

I've installed a different FB plugin. Please try generate a new API and Secret and send it to my mail again. This time please also include FTP access. I think there is some king of conflict, so may need to test it with some files disabled.

teitbite
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:18 pm
Hi

Thank You for the access. Looks like facebook plugin needs some changes for newest joomla. I've passed this access to our programmers so they can see the problem and update plugin. Will let You know as soon as I'll hear from them.

GK User
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:17 am
Awesome, thx
Did you get a chance to look at the VM check out page-bounce I mentioned in my email?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:29 am
Hi

There will be a major update to VM's override in templates soon, so it may be fixed there already. Please observe our update page to be notified https://www.gavick.com/updates

teitbite
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:53 pm
Hi

About Login with FB programmers has pointed out an error appearing when button is clicked:

Code: Select all
Application Error: There was a problem getting data for the application you requested. The application may not be valid, or there may be a temporary glitch. Please try again later.

So it looks like problem is on app side. Please check if KEY is correct and if app is accessible to public.

GK User
Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:59 pm
Hi
I sent you a mail with some screenshots - for the moment here is a screenshot of the developer-errors-console on myside if it helps.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:29 am
Hi

Can You please send this screenshot to my mail as well ? It got cut to 600px and I'm not able to read the errors.

I've send Your other screenshots to programmers couple of days ago, but I'm afraid no answer yet. Will let You know as soon as I'll know something more.

teitbite
Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:06 am
Hi

Ok. Programmers has figured that out. They removed:

Code: Select all
button.css('display','none');

from gk_quark/layouts/blocks/social.php

GK User
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:45 pm
Great, thanks
It now seems to work but i get the following error in the header:
"An active access token must be used to query information about the current user."
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 am
Hi

Ok. Looks like it's something in joomla now. Will ask programmers again.

GK User
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 am
Thx
I've had a customer complain that they cannot complete an order at checkout - do you know when the VM update is going to be ready?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am
Hi

Unfortunately not, but just today I've added 3 new problems with newest VM to programmer's bug trucker, so have most probably extended the release time. Sorry.

teitbite
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:41 pm
Hi

Programmers haven't found anything wrong in our plugin or joomla which can block login with facebook. I think it's time to ask FB developers about a proper configuration of the app. They will know best what the problem can be here.

GK User
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:34 pm
Mkay
I have solved both problems by using a third party component - One Page Checkout (by Rupostel)
Not ideal but its a solution (just added a few javascrip failures to sort out)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:27 am
Hi

Does it come with Login with facebook functionality as well ? Anyway great to hear You've found a solution.

GK User
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am
No it doesn't but i found a great FB login at InstantFBlogin which is a component as well
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:56 pm
Hi

Ok. Thank You for the information. Will pass that to programmers so they will compare it. Closing this thread for now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.