website hacked with spam redirect

Support desk for Multipurpose Quark Theme
GK User
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:24 pm
Hi,

I have an urgent problem.
I've set up a website using ''storefront'' theme with Virtuemart installed.
Everything worked fine, but today my client told me that website is experiencing spam redirects when you visit it via mobile phone. The spam redirect happens only on mobile, and when refreshing website.
I tried everything and checked everything on my server to see if it was hacked in any way.
The last thing I tried is to go and visit your DEMO site of the mentioned theme, and guess what, it is HACKED!
The exact same thing happens on your demo site as on my client one.
When you are visiting the website on mobile, try to navigate around and refresh the site (I use iPhone and when I try to refresh the page the spam redirect happens > I'm sending you snapshots of my phone screen while this issue happens on your quark demo site).
Now, this is a huge issue because you guys are selling template that is not secure and spams all that install this theme and visit website with this theme installed.
Please contact me as soon as possible, to sort this mess or clean up the theme, patch it, whatever it is possible to do.
I have a meeting with my client on Friday and they would certainly ask me about this.
I can give you additional info in PM if needed.

regards
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:19 pm
Hello,
It's a problem with old not supported version of Cookie Law plugin, we've updated this plugin in the last version of the Quark template. Please update your template and the problem will be fixed. We've also fixed our demo website. Thanks for the information.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.