'Created date' does not show K2 item and category view.

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.3.50 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:21 pm
Report this post
Hi

I have set 'created date' to 'show' in both category view and item view in K2, but the 'created date' do still not show in either.

I though 'fixed' the problem in regards to item view after setting 'font resizer' to 'show'. That made created date show in item view together with font resizer. This is a weird solution, but I can live with it :)

I though still need created date to show in category listings, and need your assistance on that one..

I use the Rockwall template and Joomla 2.5.11.

I have been in contact with K2 and they have let me know that this is a template issue.

Please advice how to fix this.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

/ Kristian
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:34 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please edit /html/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php and to line 24 which should looks like:

Code: Select all
            <?php if($this->item->params->get('catItemCategory') || $this->item->params->get('catItemAuthor') || $this->item->params->get('catItemCommentsAnchor') || $this->item->params->get('catItemRating') || $this->item->params->get('catItemHits') || ($this->item->params->get('catItemDateModified') && $this->item->created != $this->item->modified) || $this->item->params->get('latestItemDateCreated')) : ?>

add one condition, so this line will looks like:

Code: Select all
            <?php if($this->item->params->get('catItemCategory') || $this->item->params->get('catItemAuthor') || $this->item->params->get('catItemCommentsAnchor') || $this->item->params->get('catItemRating') || $this->item->params->get('catItemHits') || ($this->item->params->get('catItemDateModified') && $this->item->created != $this->item->modified) || $this->item->params->get('latestItemDateCreated') || $this->item->params->get('catItemDateCreated')) : ?>

GK User
Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Report this post
Hi Teitbite

Thanks a lot for taking the time to helping me out in regards to this issue.
I have just tried to make the the proposed chance in the file you mentioned, but unfortunately without luck.

Tried to see if I could activate the 'created time' in any other random category-listing, but no breakthrough..

Any other ideas are more than welcome :)

Thanks in advance.

/ Kristian
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:16 pm
Report this post
By the way... If you do not have any other ideas for a solution, then please let me know if you are willing to take a look at it and therefore need access to the site?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:10 pm
Report this post
Hi

I will need an access to ftp. Please send it to my mail or via forum's PM.

teitbite
Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:33 am
Report this post
Hi

I have found a bug in /html/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php file. There was a name of value used incorrectly: latestItemDateCreated while it should be catItemDateCreated. It's working now.

GK User
Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:16 pm
Report this post
Hi Teitbite,

Thank you so much for the excellent support and help in regards to this issue. Much appreciated indeed!

Enjoy your weekend and thanks yet again.

Best
/ Kristian
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 pm
Report this post
*subscribe*
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 pm
Report this post
Hi
Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.