Facebook language to Dutch

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 am
Report this post
Hi,

I use Rockwall template for Joonla 2.5x. I've set the language to nl_NL in the Social API part on the template setting and have tried to change the social.php file, but none works.
On my site's source code it still uses English. My site domain is not active for public. Through a temporary IP address change to the hostfile on my computer I can work on my website.

The second problem is: when I want to 'Like' the page I do get a pop up window, but when I am logged in I always get an error message eventhough I am actually able to log in. The 'likes' button is changed and it shows that I 'like' the page. - Is it caused by the fact that the website is not yet active for public?

Can someone help me with this problem please?

Best regards,
Melda

Thanks,
Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:25 am
Report this post
1. We need live access to your site to test the problem.
2. If site is not available from outside - like button won't work correctly.

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Report this post
Hi Cyberek,

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll have to finish the website first then. Thanks!

Best regards,
Melda

Cyberek wrote:1. We need live access to your site to test the problem.
2. If site is not available from outside - like button won't work correctly.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:10 pm
Report this post
If it goes to make the help quicker - you can post the site on any temporary address and make it private, then share the link and login/pass with PM (include also link to this thread), then we can help you faster :).

GK User
Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:18 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:If it goes to make the help quicker - you can post the site on any temporary address and make it private, then share the link and login/pass with PM (include also link to this thread), then we can help you faster :).

Hello Cyberek,

Sorry for the late reply from me. I had to find a way first to copy my joomla website to a temporary address. The url is: http://solidairfriesland.studioprotter. ... ender-2014
I'll pm you the login. Thanks!

Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:33 pm
Report this post
Please edit this file:
templates/gk_rockwall/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php
Find this line:
Code: Select all
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";

and replace the en_US with correct language settings, or use this code:
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/<?php echo $this->API->get('fb_lang', 'en_US'); ?>/all.js#xfbml=1";

to use template settings correctly.

GK User
Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:19 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Please edit this file:
Find this line:
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";

and replace the en_US with correct language settings, or use this code:
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/<?php echo $this->API->get('fb_lang', 'en_US'); ?>/all.js#xfbml=1";

to use template settings correctly.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice!
I've done it, but it doesn't change anything. The Facebook is stil in English and whenever I pressed on the Likes button, a pop up is open with an error message.
The Likes is not registered. :(
http://solidairfriesland.studioprotter. ... rganisatie
or
http://solidairfriesland.studioprotter. ... ender-2014

De counter of the Twitter is also not registered eventhough I managed to tweet it.

Regards,
Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:54 pm
Report this post
Could you please compress with system archiver and attach this file to the thread?

GK User
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Could you please compress with system archiver and attach this file to the thread?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I don't understand how to compress the file item.php with system achiever? You mean compress that php file to a zip file?

Thanks,
Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:28 am
Report this post
Exactly - with use of system zip software, not some kind of 3rd party 7-zip, rar... Simple zip ;).

GK User
Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:19 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Exactly - with use of system zip software, not some kind of 3rd party 7-zip, rar... Simple zip ;).

Aha! Attached is the zip file :)
Thanks!

Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:55 pm
Report this post
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with admin/super-admin privileges (please create one for me)
3. ftp data (host, user, password)
4. link to this thread

GK User
Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:24 pm
Report this post
The files to be changed:
gk_rockwall/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php

sadly, automatic solution didn't worked, so this code was inserted:
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/nl_NL/all.js#xfbml=1";

GK User
Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:24 am
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:The files to be changed:

sadly, automatic solution didn't worked, so this code was inserted:
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/nl_NL/all.js#xfbml=1";

Hi Cyberek,

Thanks for your help! It is now in Dutch! I stil have a problem during login. I got error message and the likes is not registered. (see attachment). So I click on the facebook button and I got a pop up window and I filled it up, then I got error message, but I could still log in after I pressed the OK button. But my Likes is not registered.

Thanks,

Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:23 pm
Report this post
Please write exactly step by step instruction on how to replicate this problem (provide me with all necessary links)

GK User
Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 pm
Report this post
Schermafbeelding-2014-02-03-om-22.58.13.jpg
Cyberek wrote:Please write exactly step by step instruction on how to replicate this problem (provide me with all necessary links)

Hi,

I have a problem with the Likes button of Facebook. It gives me error message and doesn't register the likes eventhough I finally could login.
URL:
http://solidairfriesland.studioprotter. ... ruari-2014

1. Whenever I click on the Facebook button to like the page I got a pop up window where I can login to my facebook.
2. I filled in my email and password login and I got an error message (see attachment). It said: There is an error, please try again.
3. I pressed OK and I am logged in my Faebook page.
4. Further I saw no change on the Likes button under that article even when I refreshed the website.
5. I use Firefox 26.0

Thanks,
Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:12 pm
Report this post
I don't see this problem here. Perhaps you use a facebook as a public figure or something - that disallows some of the functions. For normal users likes works completely fine.

GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:27 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:I don't see this problem here. Perhaps you use a facebook as a public figure or something - that disallows some of the functions. For normal users likes works completely fine.

Thanks to have a look at it! I don't understand how it happens. I think I have usual account of Facebook as everyone else? I do have some pages under my Facebook account, but I don't think it matters? I think I'll wait till the website really online for the public. If there are more problems reported I'll ask you again. Meanwhile would you mijd closing this post for me, please? I don't know how to do it.

Thanks,
Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:45 pm
Report this post
No problem. Closing the post.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.