Article Image distorted - Stretched

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:29 am
Report this post
I'm having an issue with an image being distorted/stretched after being added as an intro/article image. The image in question is attached. The url where the problem can be found is http://www.harmonise.org.uk/about/what-is-harmonise.

It doesn't seem to matter what CSS i try and change or what size the initial image is, it is always the same result. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Regards
Donna
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:13 am
Report this post
Hi

Image is cached, but since the area for the image and the image are 800px, so it shouldn't matter. I'm guessing there are image dimensions set in category or article configuration. Please send me an access to joomla panel, so I'll check.

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:08 pm
Report this post
The image is cached because this is a live site, even after clearing the cache there is a problem. I have also attempted to use a smaller image - but the image still gets stretched. I will PM you the login details.

Thank you and regards
Donna
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:38 pm
Report this post
Hi

Cache is preparing a smaller version of the image. In Your case it's 800px width. It's when image looses it's sharpness. Try play with cache values, I do not know what cache is it.

GK User
Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:44 pm
Report this post
Hi, This is using the gk cache plugin within the template. The following custom css is included on the advanced settings of the template:
Code: Select all
.gkImage {text-align: center;}
.gkMoreDetails {display: none;}
.img-fulltext-left img, .img-fulltext-right img {width: auto!important;}
.tip {border:none;min-width:0;}
#centred-inner {
    width: 35%;
    margin: 0 auto;
}
#si_890811472 {
   min-width: 150px;
}

Even when uploading the same image in different sizes, this is still the same. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this if possible, so any additional help would be most appreciated. :)
Regards
Donna
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:41 pm
Report this post
Hi

This is not related with css. Look at my screen attached in my last post. Left image is on Your site, on the right side I've uploade this image to my computer and opened it with image viewer. There are both the same.

This means website does not affect the sharpness of the image. I'm guessing that cache can be a problem here or image settings in component configuration. Please send me an access to joomla panel to my mail [email protected] so I'll check.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.