Google Maps Conflict

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:03 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I'm not sure if you can help us with this.

We have been using Google Maps to display data to do with airports but a few weeks back it stopped displaying the map. We are trying to re-write the program but have a strange issue.

If you go to this link http://theplanespotterscommunity.co.uk/ ... s/test.php everything works fine when you select Austria and click on the different airports the map repositions and the map redraws.
But when we move it into our joomla environment the map doesn't display (although the markers do).
Could there be a conflict with the Rockwall Template?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Richard
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:51 am
Report this post
Could you please post an url to your site, to a particular place where it doesn't work?

GK User
Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:57 pm
Report this post
Hi Cyberek,

If you go to http://theplanespotterscommunity.co.uk/ and login using test/test
Then go to Reference>Airports and select Austria from the dropdown.
This displays the map showing the markers for the airports in Austria. If you drag the map you can see that it doesn't redraw the map but you end up with grey tiling.
Also if you double click on the icon in the report it centers the airport marker but once again does not redraw the map.
We have uploaded the Beez template and when we replace the Rockwall template with the Beez template is seems to work as expected.

Any help would really be appreciated
Thanks
Richard
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:11 pm
Report this post
Hi,

It looks like a conflict when using Rockwall template.
Can anyone help on this

Rich
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:06 pm
Report this post
Hi,

Can anyone help with this?

Rich
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm
Report this post
1. Please do not bump your questions.
2. I don't see nay suspicious in the code, but I would start from finding out why this error shows in your console:
Code: Select all
Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).tooltip is not a function

Caused by code that is not part of our template:
Code: Select all
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
   jQuery('.hasTooltip').tooltip({"html": true,"container": "body"});
});

GK User
Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:11 pm
Report this post
Hi Cyberek,

We think it is template related because when we swap the site to use the Beez template and there wasn't a problem but swapping back to RockWall we do have the issue.

Cheers
Rich
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:44 pm
Report this post
Whatever the issue is - first you need to resolve console javascript errors, then I can analyse what's more there.

GK User
Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:26 pm
Report this post
I think I have a similar problem. I use the rockwall template and a component to have an agenda of live music. In this component appears Google maps to show the venue of the show but suddenly it doesn't work. I try to disable each plugin and nothing happens, if I change the template to protostar (joomla default) it works.
That's the reason I think the reason is the template and I don't understand why because it works during months. You can see on this link http://www.simfoniametallica.com/index. ... 3-18-00-00
Can you help me?
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.