main menu columns problem

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:47 am
Report this post
Hi everybody... hope of your help...
Would like to have 3 columns side by side in my main menu... see the attachment.

Under the "Menu Params" (in my example unter "template" item) I've selected "3 columns", but now just only two of them are side by side.

Was looking for menu-width under the css... hoped to find something... but found nothing.

Hope... of your advice.

thx.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:49 am
Report this post
Try adding following css code to override.css and enable css override option in template settings > advanced settings css override "on".

Code: Select all
.childcontent .gkcol.last {width: 218px;}

This is if you are having 3 columns. Basically each column should have 220px however due padding or another css code it pushes last column down as it doesn't fit. So minus 2px should fix in this case.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:25 pm
Report this post
normanUK wrote:Try adding following css code to override.css and enable css override option in template settings > advanced settings css override "on".

Code: Select all
.childcontent .gkcol.last {width: 218px;}

This is if you are having 3 columns. Basically each column should have 220px however due padding or another css code it pushes last column down as it doesn't fit. So minus 2px should fix in this case.

See you around...

thx for reply...
Have tried out... but the same problem.

Have played with some widths in my firebug... with width "218" it looks very good, but after saving my overload.css it shows me the same problem.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:28 pm
Report this post
One solution:

Under template config options > menu... I put the "Menu height animation" and the "Menu width animation" off... and now are the three columns with their width all right... but now is my menu without "slide & fade" motion...

Any advice?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:40 am
Report this post
I ll check this in my server and report back to you, could you also send me your admin access to my email normanuk[at]live.co.uk so I can check in your site.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:26 pm
Report this post
Hello Team,

I'm having the same issue.

How do i fix it? Right now i have disable both the Menu height animation" and the "Menu width animation. before the child menu could display 2 column.

kindly advice!

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.