Show template menu for multilingual sites

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 3, 4.33 on the average.Evaluations: 3, 4.33 on the average.Evaluations: 3, 4.33 on the average.Evaluations: 3, 4.33 on the average.Evaluations: 3, 4.33 on the average.Evaluations: 3, 4.33 on the average.4.33 out of 6 based on 3 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:45 pm
Report this post
it is not possible to use the feature "show template menu" when your site is multilingual, because you can only choose 1 Menu.

In my site there are 2 or more menues (mainmenu-german, mainmenu-english......)

are there any solutions?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:00 pm
Report this post
a quick (and very dirty) solution: use diffent copies of this template for every language and choose different template menus
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:33 pm
Report this post
Have you managed to make homepage for first language menu work?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:17 am
Report this post
Hi
I'm using the RockWall template on Joomla! 3.2.3 at http://www.businessintenerife.eu

I've configured and activated the multi-language plug-in "System - Language Filter" the default home changes but the main menu it's not work correctly.
I also used the suffix pages (ID menu - 101=grid page) to fix the problem...but I've the same error 404 when i click on every single page

Can you help me? :o

The multi-language plug-in is activated right now
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:12 pm
Report this post
now it's ok I've made the same fix of @fifi3000

different copies of this template for every language and choose different template menus

PERFECT...thank you :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:27 am
Report this post
I would really like som admins from Gavick to look at this issue! I have multiple sites where i use more than 1 language. Making 2 copies of the template style does not seem like a good solution!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:35 pm
Report this post
I have the same problem:
The website should work as here:
http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/events/
(Please, notice the effect scrolling down)

And enabling the language filter plugin I got this bad result:
http://www.unitrips.es/
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:42 pm
Report this post
It would be nice to have an option to add different menus for different languages. As I see, it's a pretty common problem for more than a year now. It took me a while to find the solution. The FaLang extension has ads and I don't even like how it works.

Gavick team,
Can you please add the language option to template form. It's quite a common problem as you can see and solution doesn't seem to be extra difficult.

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:27 pm
Report this post
Hemmmm We are in 2017 and I got the same problem.... is there any solution for this ????
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:04 pm
Report this post
Facing the same issue and haven't done it yet...but the already mentioned idea of making copies of the template is kind of the right idea. I would suggest making an additional style of the template instead of a copy and assigning it to via menu items to the other language. In that style you then simply choose the desired menu for the main navigation.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.