Using accordion or similar code for FAQ section

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:35 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I am wanting to add an accordion or similar solution for an FAQ page on my website. I searched the (rockwall) forum for accordion and found solutions only from 2013 and earlier. I did some other searching and found an article where it was suggested that Bootstrap might not be great for use with Joomla, again, an older article. I know things change quickly. Has a solution been created for use with Gavick templates? Can I use any bootstrap or accordion plugin or is there something the Gavick template creators would recommend?

I also saw where it was suggested a news plugin be used, but I was unable to see what it would look like in a demo, and I think it's probably overkill for what I need. Also not using K2.

Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:41 pm
Report this post
Rockwall is a quite old template which is not supported anymore - it means we do not provide new functionalities for it. You might try to find a plugin that allows such feature, and I think that is the easiest idea as long as you aren't a frontend developer who can easily create such functionality with use of css and jQuery for example.

GK User
Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:59 pm
Report this post
Ok. Thanks again. That's starting to make sense on why things in the docs weren't just right. Do any of your templates support an accordion feature? Or something similar?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:25 pm
Report this post
This one for example:
https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/events/
(search for faq section in templates, if it is there, it is usually made with accordion).

GK User
Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:26 am
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:This one for example:
https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/events/
(search for faq section in templates, if it is there, it is usually made with accordion).

Is it possible to use the f.a.q in events in another template by copying the html code in a custom html module? I've been trying this with no luck
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:07 am
Report this post
It requires also some css and javascript to work as expected.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.