Cannot find Topmenu widget area in widgets admin area

Responsive WordPress theme for musicians, bands, artists - easy to configure and various theme features.
GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 8:16 am
Cannot find Topmenu widget area in widgets admin area

Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 9:55 am
Hello,

Please check your Appearance -> Menus -> Top Menu. (This area is used only for the menu - like mainmenu).

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 10:09 am
Thank you. I understand now.
But I'd like to replace the TopMenu or add a widgetarea just under it to use to put a news schroller type of widget

Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 12:44 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hello,

Please check your Appearance -> Menus -> Top Menu. (This area is used only for the menu - like mainmenu).

Hello ? Any clues ? I now how to add a widget area. I just need to know how to add it exactly just where the Topmenu widget is.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 1:58 pm
In this case, you have to edit RockWall/layouts/header.php file and replace this fragment:

Code: Select all
<?php if(gk_show_menu('topmenu')) : ?>
         <div id="gk-top-menu">
            <?php gavern_menu('topmenu', 'gk-top-menu', array('walker' => new GKMenuWalker())); ?>
         </div>
         <?php endif; ?>

with the new widget area code, please check this article about adding new widget areas:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... ess-theme/

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 3:38 pm
I somehow did it, and added a NewsPro widget with Highliters layout.

Piotr Kunicki wrote:In this case, you have to edit RockWall/layouts/header.php file and replace this fragment:

Code: Select all
<?php if(gk_show_menu('topmenu')) : ?>
         <div id="gk-top-menu">
            <?php gavern_menu('topmenu', 'gk-top-menu', array('walker' => new GKMenuWalker())); ?>
         </div>
         <?php endif; ?>

with the new widget area code, please check this article about adding new widget areas:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... ess-theme/
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.