Change order items inside News Show Pro

Responsive WordPress theme for musicians, bands, artists - easy to configure and various theme features.
GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 10:44 am
Hi

I would like to change the sort order of the image and the text in the part " Article Layout ' of the News Show Pro Widget (display frontpage ;) ).

Now the text appears, out of the box, on top of the image.
I would like to position the text under the image. It must be simple, but I can't figure it out right now.

Anyone can guide me in the right direction?
I hope it is as easy as swapping <DIV>'s ...

Thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 11:02 am
Could you please post an URL to your site?

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 11:45 am
Cyberek wrote:Could you please post an URL to your site?

Please view the example I would like to reproduce; it concerns the news item titled" JOHN VIAL, CREATIVE DIRECTOR FUDGE on temporarily website http://demo.jcschrijver.nl/ This widget is placed in the Widget Area called Inset in the backend.

Additional information is needed;
I have created (local website) a new widget area 'bottom5' with the instruction from Gavick (http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... ess-theme/)
Working brilliant because of these instructions.

I dragged a fresh NSP widget in the newly created widget area and configured the NSP widget in the same way as the one that is delivered with the Quickstartfiles from RockWall in the Widget Area Inset

Is it because of the behaviour of the widget Area Inset that the NSP acts different when used in the widget area Bottom IV Widgets ?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 5:51 pm
Perhaps you have some caching issues?
For me it looks exactly as you want - text is under the image (not on top of it):
Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 18.50.41.png

GK User
Wed May 07, 2014 9:56 am
Cyberek wrote:Perhaps you have some caching issues?
For me it looks exactly as you want - text is under the image (not on top of it):

Hi Cuberek,
Sorry for not responding right away. The demo website is working fine as you described.
The request comes from a local copy of the website, where I have duplicated the Widget Area Bottom 4 (named it Bottom 5)

I think the general solution is to update the corresponding CSS code.
I followed the instructions to create new widget area, but didn't update the CSS for an extra Widget Area.

Maybe you can point me in the right direction?
What I would like to achieve is having extra Widget Area's like [ Bottom I Widgets - Bottom IV Widgets ] with the same layout as the demo version.
First an image, then the title and then the excerpt or introduction text

Many thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 08, 2014 12:10 pm
Hi,

I have found an answer to my this post myself (by accident).

It appears the individual parts (Title/Text/Image) from the NEWS SHOW PRO widget are draggable / sortable.

I was able to move the text underneath the image just by dragging it.
Solved!

Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat May 10, 2014 12:35 pm
Ok. I'm glad you could figure it out on yourself.
If you will have any other questions, feel free to post new forum threads.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.