Rockwall J2.5

April 2013 Joomla Templates
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:50 pm
Report this post
Hi.

I've just taken over managing a website which uses rockwall for joomla 2.5.

I've been trying to figure out how to remove the borders/sides which appear over the background when scrolling: I've attached a screenshot for reference but, it's faster to check the URL: http://www.sport.gov.tt and just scroll up and down.

Basically, the background image (1920 x 1080) is set to fixed and when the web site is scrolled, I would like to have the background show and not be obscured by the sides as they "rise".

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:22 am
Report this post
Could you please turn off css compression so I can check exactly what happens in css files?

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:39 pm
Report this post
Hi Cyberek; it's turned off now.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:36 pm
Report this post
Hey Cyberek.

Also, I set up the template on my dev server and I used the following code - which you provided before in the forum:

body {background-image: url('../images/bg.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center top; background-attachment: fixed;}
#gkTop, #gkPageContentWrap {background: transparent;}
.gkPage {background: #fff;}

#gkMenuWrapper .gkPage {background: #000000;}

You can see the result at http://mos.multidiasporic.com/ and this is basically what I want to do with the live website.

On a slightly different but, related part of what I did:

To make it work on my Dev Server, I had to place the code in the Custom CSS Code box in Advanced Settings; for some reason even with the CSS Override switch "ON" and the same code in the override.css file (whether edited directly and saved in the backend or edited in notepad++ and uploaded) does not work.

So, I'm not sure why either situation exists. Looking forward to your advice,

Thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:33 pm
Report this post
To fix solid background issue, add this code at the end of override.css:
html {
background: transparent;
}

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:36 pm
Report this post
If the override.css doesn't work on your site - perhaps it uses some kind of strange cache (server side)? It should load override.css without any problems. Please check if CSS override is "on" right now?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.