VirtueMart product order incorrect on home page

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:24 pm
Report this post
I have 9 products added to VirtueMart (VM), in one category only. These are being displayed on the home page by the "Products - Frontpage" module (News Show Pro GK5). In that module, I have "Data source" > "News order" set to "By order". This does not work – the order of the products on the home page does not match the order as set in VM. I have correctly set the article ordering option in VM's "Configuration" > "Product Order Settings", and have confirmed this by displaying the category in the shop.

Please help.

thanks,
JC
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:24 am
Report this post
I have given up on Products - Frontpage module (News Show Pro GK5) and instead changed the Home page Menu Item type to be Virtuemart > Category Layout. The product order is now correct. I also made some customizations in gk_shop_and_buy/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 am
Report this post
Hi

Great to hear You've found a workaround.

Predefined styles in NSP does not support all the features the module comes with. Such styles were designed to serve a specific purpose and configuration is often ignored.

"Normal style" from the other hand will give You all the access to full features wheel like order option selection.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.