Sidebar mess up in Virtuemart category page

Fashion and clothing responsive Joomla ecommerce template with full VirtueMart support and advanced store features.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:11 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I am using Joomla 3.4.1 with Virtuemart 3.0.9.

I added the Virtuemart Category module on the sidebar position. The sidebar looks ok on the Virtuemart Frontpage. But, in the Virtuemart Category page, the sidebar is shown under the main content.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dorin
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:00 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please take a look at this thread: https://www.gavick.com/forums/storebox- ... ry#p229875

GK User
Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:03 am
Report this post
Thank you. It works.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:53 pm
Report this post
Hmm...if you have Virtuemart products subcategories, the problem remains.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please try to update template to the latest version now. This fix was included this monday.

GK User
Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:27 pm
Report this post
Hi,
I have the same problem in localhost site.
I have try to overvrite default.php category file and I have update template, but the problem remains.
Thank you for help.

Joomla! 3.4.3
Shop & Buy 3.17
VM 3.0.9
Php 5.4.7
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:53 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please take a look here: https://www.gavick.com/forums/storebox- ... ar#p221782

I've attached 2 files with fixes. Try both maybe one of them will help.

GK User
Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:20 pm
Report this post
Thank you for the help.
Now the category module runs ok, but if I put VM Search Module in the sidebar, after search all sidebar shifts in the bottom of page.
http://www.stiloweb.it/index.php (/index.php is required)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:07 pm
Report this post
Hi

If this depends from search module than probably it's responsible for this. Please send me an access to joomla panel too, so I'll try publish/unpublish if needed.

teitbite
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:47 pm
Report this post
Hi

I have activated VM Search module and sidebar is not dropping under the page anymore. I think Your fix was a good solution to that problem. Can You please share what was the fix exactly, so I'll pass this information to our programmers ?

GK User
Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:38 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I realise this is an old thread, but I seem to have the same issue. I have read both this post and the one with the solutions (tried both) and this one seems to be more suited for me. At first (with original default.php in templates/gk_storebox/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php) the template was moving the sidebar menu in the same place as the categories/subcategories/products where i had 3 or less of them on a page. Everything above 4 was fine. Tried the first file in the other post from teitbite Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:58 am:
Hi
The installation error may be becuase of server file permissions. If this happens than it's better to update template manually via FTP.
If update haven't fixed the problem than maybe it was not included yet. Try replace just the file at /html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php I'm attaching the correct one.

It didn't work. It just randomized the problem a bit.
Tried the second one teitbite Sun May 24, 2015 12:57 pm:
Hi
I do not know why, but in Your case a fix from around 6 monts ago worked. I think Your template may be outdated, but with the amount of changes You've made I would advice to keep it like that.

This one give me the same issue as the person above (difference being that i don't have the search bar included in the sidebar). On every category page all is goodlike this:Image
but on the product page the sidebar menu goes below like this:

The second version of the file seems to work, but only half measure. Can you please have a look at it?

I have looked for updates, but the template is up to date (or at least that is what it says).

My instalation is:
Joomla! 3.4.8
VirtueMart 3.0.12
Template verion: 3.19. It was installed last week.

Thank you,
Costin
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:27 am
Report this post
Hi

Tell me urls to examples of pags from screenshots. Also please explain what You have in mind by "The second version of the file seems to work, but only half measure." ?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.