404 error side customised adjust

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:59 am
Report this post
hey - I cant find the information where I can change the 404 error page. I looked up in error.php and error.style.css but theres no possibilitie to change the sentences (eg. write them in german) or to fill in an image...

can you please help me where the file is?

thanks a lot sandra
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:59 pm
Report this post
To change what it says on your 404 page you can edit /language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_gk_simplicity.ini
Just do a search for the words and you will see
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:24 pm
Report this post
Dear Devsmi,

thank you for your prombt answer - and could you please tell me what I have to do if I want to put in an image (except the logo image)?

thank you very much, sandra
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:13 pm
Report this post
No problem. can you tell me where you want to place the new image and roughly what is the size of it?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:57 pm
Report this post
Yes of course - I needed it as an backround image see file - looking forward for your answer,

thank you!
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:14 am
Report this post
First thing is upload your new image here simplicity/templates/gk_simplicity/images/yourimage.jpg

Then you will need to edit this file simplicity/templates/gk_simplicity/css/system/error.style1.css Or whatever style you use, download the correct one.

Open this in your editor, Near the top you are looking for this
body {
font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif;
min-height: 100%;
background: #fff;
font-size: 16px;
line-height: 2;
color: #777;
padding: 0;
font-weight: 300;
word-wrap: break-word;
}

You are going to replace background: #fff; with background: url("../../images/yourimage.jpg") no-repeat scroll center 0 / cover #fff;

So he is what it will look like
body {
font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif;
min-height: 100%;
background: url("../../images/yourimage.jpg") no-repeat scroll center 0 / cover #fff;
font-size: 16px;
line-height: 2;
color: #777;
padding: 0;
font-weight: 300;
word-wrap: break-word;
}
So the position of the image could be off. I dont know the size of your image so cant tell where it will be. If you pm me or post your url after you add the code I can tell you how to position the image where you want it.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:57 am
Report this post
Dear Devsmi, thanks a lot for your help - I'm sure it will work ;)!!

have a nice day - best regards claudia
Gold Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.