Change homepage and make anchor links

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:46 am
Report this post
Hi everybody and wish you a happy new year ;)

I'm a newvie using Joomla K2 templates and I'm feel a bit lost. Where can I find the homepage? I would like to change the modules structure but I don't know where.

Sorry to be pain.... and how can I make links on the menu pointing to an anchor within the homepage?

Thanks,
Regards!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:01 am
Report this post
There is no such thing as homepage directly. It is made of bunch of modules, so you need to go to extension->modules and find correct one. In most cases they names are self explaining.

With the anchors - you need to know a little bit of HTML. Anchors in menu points to HTML elements that has ID. So with use of FireBug, Web Developer Tools or similar developer tool you need to find in source code place where you would like to scroll too, then search for a element with ID, and finally use it in Lenik as #ID.

If it is over your skills - please share your site URL, point to where you would like to scroll to, and I'll provide you list of anchors.

GK User
Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:39 pm
Report this post
Hi Cyberek!

Thanks for your quick reply. I can find each module but I need to edit the homepage where all these are put together.

The idea is make links to each module within the homepage. So set an #ID to each module.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:29 pm
Report this post
You cant set the ID of modules manually - they are generated part by our template, and part by joomla itself. If you would change the ID's you would need to change a lot of CSS classes that are designed to work with existing ID's.

GK User
Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:04 pm
Report this post
Anchor links:

I don't need to change the predefined id, I want to change "features" link in the main menu for existing module id 626 position bottom1.

Modules position:

Finallty, where can be changed the homepage structure?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:59 pm
Report this post
You can read about available module positions here:
http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/simplic ... -positions

You can change modules positions from backend -> Extensions -> Modules. If you select one of homepahge modules you can change its position, publish, unpublish etc.

You can edit main menu in menu editor (Menus -> Main menu (click) )

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.