Will Simplicity template for Joomla 2.5 work with PHP 5.2.10

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 am
Report this post
Hi,

I just purchased the Simplicity template for Joomla 2.5 and I have found out that my hosting server runs PHP version 5.2.10 without the option to change it. I've searched around to try to find the answer but although there are some references to plugins that have been fixed to run on 5.2 I haven't seen anything about the template itself. Could someone confirm that it runs nicely on PHP 5.2.10 or lower?

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Brett
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:37 am
Report this post
Hi,

The only problem was with the News Show Pro GK5 module, but in version 1.0.2 it was fixed, so please install the quickstart, update the NSP module through Joomla! Update System and all should works fine.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:07 am
Report this post
Thanks very much for replying. That's great news.
cheers
Brett

dziudek wrote:Hi,

The only problem was with the News Show Pro GK5 module, but in version 1.0.2 it was fixed, so please install the quickstart, update the NSP module through Joomla! Update System and all should works fine.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:20 am
Report this post
Hi,

I've done what you suggested and installed template, updated the news module but the template is still displaying in the homepage as {loadposition news_gallery}.
Is there something else I'm meant to do? I can't access the module nor quite a few modules because they say they are checked out to someone else. I can only assume that is someone there at Gavick who set the template up. Could you tell me how I go about unlocking these modules because I can't customise the template without being able to open them.

This is the message I get… "Check-out failed with the following error: The user checking out does not match the user who checked out the item.
You are not permitted to use that link to directly access that page (#632)."

Kind Regards,
Brett
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:26 am
Report this post
Hi,

Please use "Global Check-in" in the Site menu, then go to this module and enable option "Prepare Content".
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:22 pm
Report this post
simple, quick and works!!!
GOOD!!!!
Gold Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.