Quickstart - Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:51 pm
Report this post
I've just purchased Simplicity template and installed Simplicity Quickstart on my dev server but the front end is erroring - I get an almost blank page (screenshot attached) with the following:

Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg()
It appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist. Sorry about that.

Back end appears to work fine.

I did notice one oddity (this may be a red herring) - the quickstart install warned that display_errors is on. I checked my php.ini and it is set to off, but testing with php <?php echo get_ini('display_errors'); ?> returned no value.

I've previously installed Joomla 3.5 with sample data on this server with no problem, it is also running a copy of my live Joomla site. Each Joomla install has a separate folder and uses the same MySQL database with different table prefix setting.

Tech details - Server is Ubuntu 16.04, Apache, PHP 7.0
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 pm
Report this post
Ok fixed this myself :D my system was missing the PHP 7.0 GD graphics library. Embarassing as it is to post a problem then figure it out 5 mins later I thought I'd post the fix in case someone else hits the same error.

In terminal:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install php7.0-gd
sudo service apache2 restart
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:48 pm
Report this post
Hi

Yes that's correct. GD library is a requirement if You are using our News Show Pro module which is included in template. If someone has same error message, but cannot force GD library than necessary is to disable creating thumbnails in each NSP configuration.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.