Front Page Image Editing

WordPress theme dedicated to start-up websites with amazing CSS3 animated icons, price tables and parallax effect background.
GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:03 am
Team,

Could someone boot me in the right direction on how to change the frontpage image? (the big banner chick on a laptop thing)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 am
Hi,

Please edit in the css/template.css file fragment:

Code: Select all
.imageBg #gk-head {
   background: #000 url('../images/header.jpg') no-repeat center 0;

please remember to edit in files css/tablet.css fragment:

.imageBg #gk-header {
   background-image: url('../images/header_tablet.jpg');
}

and in the css/mobile.css fragment:

.imageBg #gk-header {
   background-image: url('../images/header_mobile.jpg');
}

Because this theme uses three different sizes of this image for different devices (to optimize the loading time).
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:11 pm
Thanks man, I'll give it a shot. I really appreciate the level of support you provide. Thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 06, 2013 9:27 pm
I replaced the header.jpg, header_tablet.jpg, and header_mobile. jpg images in that location to change the background image on the homepage, which worked originally, but I just changed them again and now nothing is appearing; the background is just black.

No changes were made to the template.css document, all the names were kept the same as the originals. Any advice on how to fix this? (The menus, logo, and text all appear normally over top the area)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 07, 2013 10:32 am
@Level Up - in this case I'll need an URL to your website.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:16 am
This isn't working for me. I've replaced all .css with my picture but it still has the old one. Is there another way of doing it?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:34 pm
Hi,
@HawwaC, could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.