Full width header with different background image

WordPress theme dedicated to start-up websites with amazing CSS3 animated icons, price tables and parallax effect background.
GK User
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:24 pm
I'm looking for a way to configure the Simplicity WordPress theme to display a full width header with a different background on every page of a site I'm developing. Right now it would be nice if I could simply get it to display on the home page, but I can probably work that out for myself from the docs and configuration on the demo site.

A more difficult problem is that for posts I need the header background to display the first or featured image from the post. Any ideas?

Thanks
Ken
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:52 pm
Hi,

You can use the Text widget from the header on your other pages and use widget rules - but the background will be the same, so you'll have to add additional css class and override the background each time.

You can use this solution to display your first image as a featured:
https://www.gavick.com/blog/wordpress-q ... ured-image
but It's unfortunately not possible to display it in the header (like on the frontpage). This kind of feature requires a lot of customizations and it's beyond our technical support.

GK User
Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:55 pm
I was afraid you'd say that!
Using the CSS override isn't really an option as there will be hundreds, even thousands of posts, having a separate css class for each one isn't an option. I guess I'll need some sort of php template override that automatically does this?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:58 pm
Yes, in this case you'll have to override theme files, try to use Child theme instead of modifying theme files.

GK User
Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:59 pm
ok, thanks for the tip!
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.