Submission Form on Frontpage

WordPress theme dedicated to start-up websites with amazing CSS3 animated icons, price tables and parallax effect background.
GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:39 pm
On the front page, the 'Get Started Today' button: hows it configured? I'd like to use it to send an email, like for customers to sign up for our email blast list etc. is there a provided module to configure this feature?

Thanks in advance.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 am
Hi,

This form is a custom HTML element - you can use this code to connect it with any newsletter plugin using proper action attribute in the form and optionally necessary hidden input fields.
Administrator

GK User
Sun May 12, 2013 11:17 pm
I am setting this theme up for a client who liked the submission form on the homepage.
We typed an email adress in the submission form, and we waited.
We are still waiting. Nothing seems to come out of this form.

I'm am not a programmer, I just set up theme for clients.
So how can I make this work with mailchimp for instance ?

Do you have a suggestion as to what plugin to use to keep the same formatting we see on the frontpage ?

Or better yet, what don't you give us the form code to use to get this email submission going ?

In any case…

This is the Mailchimp embed code:

Code: Select all
<!-- Begin MailChimp Signup Form -->
<link href="http://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-081711.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<style type="text/css">
   #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; }
   /* Add your own MailChimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
      We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */
</style>
<div id="mc_embed_signup">
<form action="http://gmail.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=400b2025a759b4a93e36e80f4&amp;id=79861fe6c2" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
   <label for="mce-EMAIL">Subscribe to our mailing list</label>
   <input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="email address" required>
   <div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
</form>
</div>

<!--End mc_embed_signup-->
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon May 13, 2013 6:34 am
Hi,

In your case you have to just change in the header widget code:

<form class="gk-form">

to:

<form class="gk-form" action="http://gmail.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=400b2025a759b4a93e36e80f4&amp;id=79861fe6c2" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" target="_blank" novalidate>
Administrator

GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:14 pm
Hi dziudek,

I have a follow-up question regarding the submission form.

I am using mailchimp also and changed the header widget code to the revised one like in your example, ofcourse using Mailchimp's generated form code.
Only thing is on the second page (mailchimp template) I have to re-enter the e-Mail address in order to sign-up.

User experience wise it isn't the best thing.

Is there a trick to avoid this?

Help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:51 pm
Hi, the problem is solved.

regards
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:16 am
@DSouza - how did you fix this?

DSouza wrote:Hi dziudek,

I have a follow-up question regarding the submission form.

I am using mailchimp also and changed the header widget code to the revised one like in your example, ofcourse using Mailchimp's generated form code.
Only thing is on the second page (mailchimp template) I have to re-enter the e-Mail address in order to sign-up.

User experience wise it isn't the best thing.

Is there a trick to avoid this?

Help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:01 pm
Hi kgerber,

Used this code for the widget:

<!-- Begin MailChimp Signup Form -->

<form class="gk-form" action="your mailchimp data here" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>

<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="email address" required><input type="submit" value="TELL ME" /></div>

</form>

mailchimp data should be something like this "http://yourdomain.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=**********&amp;id=**********"

Hope this helps.

Regards
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.