Upgrade Broke Custom Templates in Child Theme

WordPress theme dedicated to start-up websites with amazing CSS3 animated icons, price tables and parallax effect background.
GK User
Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:34 am
Hey guys re-purchased and upgraded the Simplicity Theme we were about 5 versions out of date. Most everything went well - but after the upgrade we had some custom page templates in our child theme that broke - anyway you guys could take a look?

For instance https://dojmt.gov/highwaypatrol/ is using a Page Template we created and now after the upgraded looks like the new upgraded Theme is finding the page template it's reverting back to the default template. I looked at the code and it looks pretty close - is there a change I need to make to the Child Theme code so all my templates can be found?
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:04 pm
Hi,
Could you please provide me with a back-end access and FTP access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

The page from your URL uses page-template-template-mhp-php file (I can see it on the body element class).

GK User
Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:33 pm
Just sent you a PM - for some reason it's still showing in my Outbox did you get it?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:42 pm
We fixed please close ticket.

Now a question we have is do yo guys have a checksum validator running on your Themes? We had a version of Simplicity that was like 4 version old - and the behavior of our site was that every page we visited on our site just displayed the home page. If we went to a child page it would show the correct URL in the browser but would still display the home page.

Do you guys run a CHECKSUM validator to cause this type of behavior - and if you do - it would be nice to get notifications on this.

And as far as licensing goes - can you cover the scope of your licensing with us - is it use forever but after a year you need to pay to upgrades? And obviously we know we would have to pay for more support through your support plan.

Thanks for your time on this.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:56 am
Hi,

We don't have a checksum validator, but each theme is tested before release (each file modification is visible on our github repository). Regarding the issue with the URL - did you try to resave your permalinks?

Regarding the license - I think I don't understand. Which membership exactly do you have? Upgrades of our themes are for free, but we provide update support only for the last 24 themes released for Joomla and WordPress.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.