Widgets on other page

WordPress theme dedicated to start-up websites with amazing CSS3 animated icons, price tables and parallax effect background.
GK User
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:05 pm
What if i want to use widgets on another page. The homepage is using widgets, but now i want to make a second page called portfolio. I made some widgets and link them to the portfolio page. But the widgets wont show up in the portfolio page. Can someone explain me how it works?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:30 pm
Hi,

You have to use widget rules to specify on what pages your widget (s) should be displayed:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... dget-rules

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:00 am
Yes i understand. So i create a page called portfolio, add it to the main menu and add a widget rule (page:portfolio) so the widget show up. Thats good, but now i want to add a second page. Can i link it at the same page or do i make a child page and link the widget to the child page. Because i tried both but nothing happens.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:03 pm
You can't add another page to your existing page in this theme, please try to use widgets instead of pages. You can use top and bottom widget areas to add more widgets.

GK User
Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:54 am
That was the problem i didnt noticed i could only use top and bottom widgets. Thanks!
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.