Social GK5 displaying 'misforming' tweets?

Free Joomla social activities module which can display data from Twitter, Facebook and Google+ in various layouts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:07 am
Hi,
working on a new website, ran into this problem that I have never encountered before:
In Social GK5 I have setup twitter as the feed and the query to 'from:HRjob'
The tweets are displayed as expected only it is adding href text to the tweet text of some tweets (first three in attached examples).

In the screenshots attached you can see the tweets as they are displayed by twitter (correct) and by Social GK5 (incorrect).
Selection_134.png

Selection_135.png

Selection_136.png

I have no clue as to why this is happening.

Hope you have an explanation / fix for me :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:43 pm
Hi

I'm afraid Twitter API has changed recently. I would recommend to use a different extension to display tweets, because I'm not sure how long it can take to rebuild our module.

GK User
Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:18 pm
Hi, thanks for the follow up: using a different extension is not really an option as I use your module on a lot of websites and for a long time (tightly integrated)...

So if this is something that is on the agenda of the developers, then I will wait :)

If you are going to drop this module (which I cannot imagine), then I (and all other users) need to search a different extensions.

So: do the developers have the changed twitter api on their 'todo' list?
are you discontinuing this extension?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:32 pm
Hi

I do not see it being dropped, but also see no information of when there will be an update I'm afraid. I think programmers waits for twitter's newest API to take shape to not to do same work over and over again while adjusting it. Sorry, but in this case I'm not able to provide any date :(

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.