Error messages style

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 am
Report this post
Could you point me where I should be adding the style for error messages? And what should I add to make it look like the demo? Mine has no style Applied after installing kickstart.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:42 am
Report this post
Could you please show me exactly where on our demo server an error shows correctly and on quickstart not? (step by step guide what to click).

GK User
Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:35 pm
Report this post
Sure, on the startup demo. Try to login and click the login button without entering username and password ( an orange message is shown on page top)
vs
Doing the same thing on my website after installing the quickstart version of the template shows an unformatted message on top (no background color, no text alignment or color)
I can send the website link on a pm if needed
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:26 pm
Report this post
Hi there,
I believe I fixed by adding style to the dd (used for the login error message on the template website) tag inside gk_startup/css/normalize.css
Code: Select all
dd {
    margin: 0px;
}

to
Code: Select all
dd {
    margin: 0px;
    text-align: center;
    background: rgba(244, 193, 51, 1);
    font-size: 18px
}

Can you please advise if that is the appropriate change to make? or is there are better solution? just to make sure I don't mess something else with this fix.

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:26 pm
Report this post
Instead of putting it into template core files you can use override.css - it will simple things out when you will decide to update.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.