How to add stroke to header text in sliders?

Get help or discuss with other members about business Joomla! 3 and 2.5 template designed especially for your start-up projects on dedicated support forum.
GK User
Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:57 am
Hi guys,

New to wordpress and its workings, decided to start with you guys themes so far and slowly getting the hang of it.

One question: how can I add a stroke to the text in the sliders of the header? with my background picture it is slightly hard to read the white text, maybe if it had a slight black stroke to it might be bit easier.

I had a quick look and looks just like a H2 header? however I tried adding a few css elements in the editor with no success.

If it is infact H2 I probably dont want a stroke effect anywhere else on the page if any other typograhpy elements use that tag if its possible.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:43 am
Hi,

You should use this CSS selector:
Code: Select all
.gk-is-wrapper-gk_startup .gk-is-text

or if you want only a header, this one
Code: Select all
.gk-is-wrapper-gk_startup .gk-is-text h2 a

The best place for your own CSS rules is Startup/css/override.css file - put there your css code, because of future theme updates (you'll copy only this file - override.css and you can update all theme files without losing your modifications).

Don't forget to enable this override option from Template Options -> Advanced tab.

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:36 am
Worked thank you. Rather than creating a new thread can I ask how I can center a button link? Im using a button as per the typography page from Startup however its always just aligned left. Even if I wrap some center tags around it it wont move.

Guessing I have to edit the css for the button style somehow?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:09 am
Could you provide an URL to your website? (here or via PM), then I'll be able to help you with this button.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.