Mobile phone site viewing - crashes

Get help or discuss with other members about business Joomla! 3 and 2.5 template designed especially for your start-up projects on dedicated support forum.
GK User
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:50 pm
Hello there,

A quick question. When I enter my website (Startup Theme) via mobile - it tries to load for a few sec. and then without managing to load anything the mobile phone browser (Iphone-safari) crashed altogether. Tried over and over again - same problem. Other sites from this mobile phone work perfectly fine. Also - my site opens fine on any labptop or tablet (incl. iPad) - only mobile seems to be a problem.

Any advice?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:29 pm
Could You please post an url to your site?

GK User
Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:52 pm
Is there an email I could send this url to you to?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:53 pm
Cyberek wrote:Could You please post an url to your site?

Is there an email I could send this url to you to?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:55 pm
Please use forum PM (private message system).

GK User
Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:02 pm
Cyberek wrote:Please use forum PM (private message system).

I am very sorry - buy how do I do that? How do I send a Private Message to you? Sorry to waste your time - just looked around - not sure.

Incidentally - I have also just tried accessing - your Wordpress StartUp theme demo at http://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/startup/ via mobile phone - same thing - the browser merely crashed.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:08 pm
To send PM - click my nick on the left, then find option - send private message ;) - just for the future.

Ok, if our demo site crashes your browser also, please send me here full report - phone, version, browser and its version. We will try to figure it out.

GK User
Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:45 pm
Cyberek wrote:To send PM - click my nick on the left, then find option - send private message ;) - just for the future.

Ok, if our demo site crashes your browser also, please send me here full report - phone, version, browser and its version. We will try to figure it out.

Hi, Thank you for your response.

On PM - all is now clear :) many thanks.

On phone crash issue - unfortunately it does not offer any report option, nor does it specify what error or otherwise issue it is - all it does is trying to load for a few sec and just about when the loading strip gets to half way - without actually loading anything the screen goes black then just completely switches the whole safari browser off and kicks me out to phone menu.

I have an Iphone 4s - the newest software update iOS 7.0.3 (I am sure you will be aware of this one - it looks very different to what it used to with funkier looking menu etc.). I dont know where to check Safari version on my phone - it is probably just the same as iOS 7.0.3? In any case it is the latest one because I update everything every time there is a notification.

Interestingly - today I also tries opening your demo as well as our website using a colleagues Iphone 4 - BUT without the latest update (he never got around to upgrading the software) and all works fine. So it must be something to do with Iphone's latest software.

Also - just to be more specific - I have an Ipad which also has the newest update of software - but strangely all opens just fine.

Hope that this helps. Would be great if problem could be sorted.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:17 pm
Thanks for the report. The most important info is iPhone4s and 7.0.3 iOS (it tells everything about safari version etc). To be 100% sure its a bug in newest safari (probably memory leak) - please install Chrome from AppStore and check if it renders site without crashing on same phone.

GK User
Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:29 am
Cyberek wrote:Thanks for the report. The most important info is iPhone4s and 7.0.3 iOS (it tells everything about safari version etc). To be 100% sure its a bug in newest safari (probably memory leak) - please install Chrome from AppStore and check if it renders site without crashing on same phone.

Hello

Thank you for your continuing assistance.

Just downloaded Chrome onto my phone - and same thing - the whole thing just crashed in exactly same way upon the opening of the Demo. Does this mean that it is the new Iphone software update?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:02 pm
I'm not quite sure as I don't have iPhone 4s and on 5 everything seems to work fine.

GK User
Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:37 pm
Cyberek wrote:I'm not quite sure as I don't have iPhone 4s and on 5 everything seems to work fine.

Just to add to the process - I have just tried to use a friend's phone which is also Iphone 4s and also updated to the same software version - exactly the same problem. So it is definitely not just my phone - it is all Iphone 4s withe new software update that crashed.

Is this solvable at your end?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:47 pm
Ive been able to reproduce the trick on iPad 3 when rotating screen. I have reported that issue to our devteam, as they was not able to reproduce the problem basing on informations provided before.
Waiting for a response from them.

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:49 pm
Cyberek wrote:Ive been able to reproduce the trick on iPad 3 when rotating screen. I have reported that issue to our devteam, as they was not able to reproduce the problem basing on informations provided before.
Waiting for a response from them.

Ok

Thank you

Look forward
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:06 pm
Our dev team have prepared a fix for this problem.
Corrected files are attached to this post, please replace them on your sever, but back them up in first place just in case.
Startup.zip

MPORTANT: Please remember to increase the tablet width in the theme settings up to 1040px.

GK User
Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:14 pm
Hello,

This startup.zip file has been deleted.

We installed an old version of the theme and we are experiencing this same issue. We do not want to automatically update because we have tuned the theme a little bit. Please, could you tell me which files (or parts inside them) should I update? Or could you send us that Startup.zip file so we can track the changes ourselves?

Thank you very much!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:18 am
Please update to current version - it has the fixes in it.

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:49 pm
The problem is that the child theme gave me some problems so I tuned several things in the main theme.
Could you tell me how to patch manually?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:22 pm
You would need to download current theme, and manually merge differences in those files:
Startup/css/extensions.css
Startup/css/template.css
Startup/js/gk.scripts.js

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:00 am
Hi,
These changes do not fix the problem.
But the problem seems more serious than I thought.
I've just tested the livedemo at Gavick.com and my browser crashes with your theme too!!!!

What could I do?

Thanks for your support! It is much appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:25 am
Quick update:

I have detected that the problem appears when I use data-animation="flip". So, as a workaround, I have removed this animation and the browser works fine.
It made me think that perhaps updating "stuff.css", then the "flip-animation" problem would disappear, but it is not the case, the browsers (iPhone 4 7.1 + Safari and Chrome) still crash.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:59 pm
Please post a link to our demo where the problem happens also.

GK User
Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:36 pm
Hi Cyberek,

If you go to https://www.gavick.com/wordpress-themes ... p,105.html , then click "live demo" the browser crashes in my iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.
I can record a video if you want to show you the sequence.
I figured out that the problem is with the "flip" animation of the badges.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:51 pm
I have tested our demo on iPhone5, 5s and iPad 3rd gen. They don't crash. But I have posted the info to our devteam to test on older devices.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.