Background overlap on Menu

October 2012 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:01 am
Report this post
For template "Startup", I tried to add a background image behind the images "Image Show GK4", in the header only.

The only way I found to add a background image was to do the following:
Code: Select all
/* Here you can include your override CSS styles */
body {
   background: #fff url('../images/bg1.jpg') no-repeat center top;
}

The problem now is that the image is not only in the header, but also behind the logo and the menu.

How can I modify the code above to make it appear only in the header?

I used the position below:
https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/startu ... itions.png
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:41 pm
Report this post
Hi

Try using a class like this:

#gkHeader {
    background: rl('../images/bg1.jpg') no-repeat scroll center top transparent;
}

GK User
Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:25 pm
Report this post
Thanks. It worked.

I have another question. The code below is for the section "The Key features" of the template "Startup". The images are not shown.

<div class="gkFeatures gkPerspective">
<a class="gkRocket" href="#" data-animation="flip" data-delay="0">Test Rocket</a>
<a class="gkBadge" href="#" data-animation="flip" data-delay="150">Test Badge </a>
<a class="gkMouse" href="#" data-animation="flip" data-delay="300">Test Mouse</a>
<a class="gkPiggy" href="#" data-animation="flip" data-delay="450">Test Piggy</a></div>

I have modified the css, but I verified that the images were in the url specified.
.gkRocket > span { background-image: url('../images/style1/gk_rocket.png'); }
.gkRocket > span { background-image: url('../images/style1/gk_rocket.png'); }
.gkBadge > span { background-image: url('../images/style1/gk_badge.png'); }
.gkMouse > span { background-image: url('../images/style1/gk_mouse.png'); }
.gkPiggy > span { background-image: url('../images/style1/gk_piggy.png'); }

.gkRocket:hover > span { background-image: url('../images/style1/gk_rocket.png'); }
.gkBadge:hover > span { background-image: url('../images/style1/gk_badge.png'); }
.gkMouse:hover > span { background-image: url('../images/style1/gk_mouse.png'); }
.gkPiggy:hover > span { background-image: url('../images/style1/gk_piggy.png'); }
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:43 pm
Report this post
Hi

I need to see Your site to check that. Can You provide an url to the page with an example of this ?

Are You sure You have not removed some of the code in this module with editor ? This is the most common issue related with it.

GK User
Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:20 pm
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

I need to see Your site to check that. Can You provide an url to the page with an example of this ?

Are You sure You have not removed some of the code in this module with editor ? This is the most common issue related with it.

I cannot send you an url because my website is local (using xampp).

Also to make sure I didnt remove anything:
1. I created a new website
2. Installed your template
3. Created a module using "Bottom1" in this url:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ion-joomla

Module title:The key __Features__**We design and develop beautiful websites**
Module position:bottom1
Module suffix:smallspaces big

<div class="gkFeatures gkPerspective">
<a href="#" class="gkRocket" data-animation="flip" data-delay="0"><span>Rocket</span>Innovative Design</a>
<a href="#" class="gkBadge" data-animation="flip" data-delay="150"><span>Badge</span>Award-winning Agency</a>
<a href="#" class="gkMouse" data-animation="flip" data-delay="300"><span>Mouse</span>Your ideas, imagination</a>
<a href="#" class="gkPiggy" data-animation="flip" data-delay="450"><span>Piggy</span>Save Your Time &amp; Money</a>
</div>
<a href="#">View Full Features</a>

If there is anything that I should have done that I didnt do, please let me know.

Also, I paid for the VIP support, but I get a faster response on the forum, well I didnt get a response at all after 24 hours. (I will contact them to get a refund)

Also, this template give me some other really strange result, but I want to have this one fixed first. ;)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:36 pm
Report this post
Hi

I'm sorry but it's not possible to guess without seeing it. Please ignore this problem for now and when You will be able to send me a link than I'll check. It may be a wrong path to icon, wrong file permissions.

GK User
Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:04 pm
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

I'm sorry but it's not possible to guess without seeing it. Please ignore this problem for now and when You will be able to send me a link than I'll check. It may be a wrong path to icon, wrong file permissions.

I fixed it,, I had to disable the editor, using the editor, it removes the span automatically and the images disappear.

Thank you.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:11 pm
Report this post
Hi

Yes, that's what I said couple of posts ago :) Great to hear it's fixed.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.