Cannot get rid of sidebar

October 2012 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:51 am
Report this post
Hi,
The image below is a screenshot of my header, I cannot remove the space at the right and left of the image (the grey area), so it can be full screen.

The image is a slide in "Image Show GK4".

Thank you.

header.jpg
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:15 pm
Report this post
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:37 am
Report this post
My website is not online, i use "xampp" and it is locally on my computer.

I know it is very hard to find the solution to my problem with no access to the code.

But, is there any common issue to the result I get?

Also, I notice that:
-In the Startup Template Manager, In Layouts tab, when I increase the "template Width", i see that the header gets larger, until the "template width" is the my screen resolution. In the attachment I added to this thread, the "template width" has my screen resolution, it doesnt get larger than this.

-In the module itself, Image show gk4, In basic, the module style is "gk_storefront".

In the module itself, Image show gk4, In basic, the module style is "gk_storefront".

Thank you for the help, your template are great, I'm still learning. :)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 am
Report this post
Hi

Sorry, but it's not possible to answer that without a look. Please ignore it for now and get back to me when site will be online.

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 pm
Report this post
The correction is:

1. Modify the file "gk_startup\layouts\default.php"
2. replace the code:
Code: Select all
<section id="gkHeader"<?php if($header_nobg): ?> class="nobg"<?php endif; ?>>
   <?php if(!$header_nobg): ?>
       <div class="gkPage">
   <?php endif; ?>
      <jdoc:include type="modules" name="header" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['header']; ?>" />
   <?php if(!$header_nobg): ?>
 </div>
 <?php endif; ?>
</section>

by this code:
Code: Select all
  <div id="gkHeader">
     <jdoc:include type="modules" name="header" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['header']; ?>"   
       onepagemode="1" />
  </div>

It would be appreciated if someone could explain to me why the second block of code remove the extra space on both side on my header image.

Thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:48 pm
Report this post
Hi

This second block of code does not look correct, but if it works than I believe it's ok.

I think it looses the spaces on sides because of the last of <div class="gkPage"></div>, but I'm not sure which spaces You have in mind so I'm only guessing.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.